Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2006, 09:15 PM

Default Re: Best laptops for Pro tools

If you can swing the price, get the new MacBook Pro which will run PTLE 7.0 on dual Intel processors and Win XP. When OSX /PTLE compatibility becomes available for the duo Intels you can go that route too. Very versatile laptop and I think it is the best thing going right now.

Allen
Old 04-06-2006, 09:19 PM

Quote:
If you can swing the price, get the new MacBook Pro which will run PTLE 7.0 on dual Intel processors and Win XP. When OSX /PTLE compatibility becomes available for the duo Intels you can go that route too. Very versatile laptop and I think it is the best thing going right now.

Allen
I wish I could have picked one of those up, but it was a $1400 difference for me

The dell is doing the job though.

Cheers,

Jeff
Old 04-07-2006, 06:41 AM

whats up guys I i just signed up to the DUC and would like to say thank you for posting it has made my transition from hardware to software a pleasent one. Anyways anyone out there looking for a new PC laptop for there Pro Tools LE, i just got a Terra Digital Audio M12L with the Mbox 2 and I LOVE IT! This is no joke it was a plug and play for me (with the exception of figuring out the MIDI and updating the drivers) but all in all the second day i got it i was recording my tracks from my Roland MV8000 and recording vocals, no stalls whatsoever. Also when you buy a Terra Digital Audio it comes with a lifetime customer support through V Mobility (they will get online and get onto your computer to fix the problem remotely via internet wherever you are in the world) and the guys there will also help you with any Pro Tools problems as well very knowledgable. The laptop is super fast, i am running about 28 tracks with about 18 plug in RTAS at a time and not a problem. The laptop does get kind of warm so i bought one of those podium stands which does the job. Battery life is good too about 3 hours if running pro tools the whole time. I am running an external Glyph Drive for my audio files so i do have 2 hard drvies going at a time but even when i am running the laptop hard drive with everything else inlcuding the OS i still get good performance. I bought the laptop as a NAMM Special that came free with the Mbox 2 at a place called AudioMidi.com where they will configure and ship the laptop out to you and they are also an authorized dealer. anyway i will stop rambling now have a good one....