Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2004, 07:14 AM

Default Is there any alternative to the real-time BOUNCE?

Someone told me that with my machine, a dual 2.5 I don't have to BOUNCE in realtime. I mean really, is there any way around bouncing a real-time track that is 60 minutes long, or do I have to wait the whole 60 minutes.

Also, if I'm working in the timeline, and I delete some track, leaving a gap between the track, how can I delete so that all of the track to the right automatically slides to the left filling the void?

Thanks,
Damon
Old 12-09-2004, 07:41 AM

Default Re: Is there any alternative to the real-time BOUN

1. Nope, sorry, unless you have Logic (you can edit SDII files directly and it has an offline bounce which works as fast as your machine can handle).

2. Not that I know of, you have to grab and drag.

Not much help, but that's the way it is. Bummer.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:48 AM

Default Re: Is there any alternative to the real-time BOUNCE?

Bounce to Disk in Pro Tools is a real (time) drag ! Thousands of users complaining about this without any effort. Many DAWs out there can do it and technically it wouldn't be a problem with LE (because it's native) but DIGI doesn't want LE to be cooler than those expensive TDM systems, because it wouldn't work with them due to the special DSP architecture. I do a lot of radio features (approx. 60 min.) and my clients wonder why Pro Tools cannot do it while the "studio last week could do it".

There is a workaround if you don't need automation and plug-ins: use "export selected as files".

Considering your second question: edit in SHUFFLE mode !

hope this helps
steppenwolf
Old 12-09-2004, 01:49 PM

Default Re: Is there any alternative to the real-time BOUNCE?

I remember PT 4.x used to bounce in non real time, took like only a little bit depending on the length of the file. I cant believe that Digi LOST the technology to do this...hahaha...as soon as 5 came out, that was it, your forced to hear the damm thing again. Usually when your ready to bounce you are in no mood to hear whatever your working on anymore. This is a time adding feature of PT I dont like either......