Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2004, 07:21 PM

Default ONE BIG THUD...........

Well I did not think it would happen to me because I waited to get my controll 24 after all the power supply problems but yes it finally happened.I had a client in the studio and all of a sudden there was a big boom. No monitor section no faders I knew it was the dreaded power supply.So I just happened to have a technical support line for digi dealers it took no time to explain the problem they sent me 3 new fader packs and a new power supply overnighted them fed ex no charge.I didnt even ask them to rush and the next day there it was.So I took the c24 apart via instructions (which are quite vaque) and replaced everything.
Well it works very good I had to do some troubleshooting because the phantom power issue is a little sketchy but I figured it out.So if anyone gets hung up on this replacement and can't get a hold of digi please drop me an email and Ill help you out.
I did talk to one of the main techs today and he said the power supply issue would never be a problem again,I hope he was right.
Old 06-08-2004, 06:36 AM

Default Re: ONE BIG THUD...........

I'm actually thinking of calling Digi and getting a standby powersupply so when this finally happens to me I'll just be able to pop in a new one.