Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > RTAS & TDM Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2013, 07:27 PM

Default TH2 RTAS plug-in

I have Pro Tools 9 installed on a Mac Book Pro with OS X 10.6.8. I installed Overloud's TH2 guitar amp simulator plug-in using the RTAS version. I can see the TH2 plug-in in the Digidesign plug-in folder along with all the plug-ins that came with Pro Tools 9. But when I set up a track and try to insert TH2 as a plug-in, it does not show up as an option to select. What do I have to do to get Pro tools to recognize the TH2 plug-in.

Thanks!
Old 06-14-2013, 12:21 AM

Default Re: TH2 RTAS plug-in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed K View Post
I have Pro Tools 9 installed on a Mac Book Pro with OS X 10.6.8. I installed Overloud's TH2 guitar amp simulator plug-in using the RTAS version. I can see the TH2 plug-in in the Digidesign plug-in folder along with all the plug-ins that came with Pro Tools 9. But when I set up a track and try to insert TH2 as a plug-in, it does not show up as an option to select. What do I have to do to get Pro tools to recognize the TH2 plug-in.

Thanks!
Hi,

How are you authorising the plugin?

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:39 AM

Chris,
I used OverLoud's installer software which includes software authorization. Overloud has a proprietary licensing system which is completely software based. No USB authorization device is required. The TH2 software works fine when used "stand alone" with my Mbox Pro interface. But Pro Tools 9 won't recognize the plug-in even though I can see it in the "plug-in" folder.

Thanks for the reply!
Old 06-14-2013, 10:48 AM

Just 'shooting from the hips' but have you tried to instantiate the plug-in on both mono and stereo tracks?
Old 06-14-2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:

Thanks!
did you try an audio track (usually mono for guitar, but you can do stereo as well) and check under HARMONIC. If you still can't find it, go to Preferences and choose Category and Manufacturer for your plugin display. Then just go to the OVERLOUD entry.

If you still can't find it, re-install and make sure RTAS is checked, not just VST/AU.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 06-14-2013, 01:59 PM

I have tried a new audio track, both mono and stereo, and the TH2 plug-in does not show up under "insert" selection. When I adjust the plug-in preference to show both manufacturer and plug-in list, neither show as available when select inserts. Even though the TH2 plug-in shows up in the plug-in folder, protools can't see it. I have reistalled it making sure the "stand alone" version the RTAS version were both selected.

Could it be a setting in the TH2 software?

I really appreciate the help guys! Thanks!
Old 06-14-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
I have tried a new audio track, both mono and stereo, and the TH2 plug-in does not show up under "insert" selection. When I adjust the plug-in preference to show both manufacturer and plug-in list, neither show as available when select inserts. Even though the TH2 plug-in shows up in the plug-in folder, protools can't see it. I have reistalled it making sure the "stand alone" version the RTAS version were both selected.

Could it be a setting in the TH2 software?

I really appreciate the help guys! Thanks!
Trash Preferences and Databases and try again. Be sure to restart the computer.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 06-14-2013, 03:33 PM

I have trashed the preferences and data bases, reinstalled TH2, and getting same result. I just realized when reviewing the digidesign plug-in folder that the TH2 plugin does show up, but it has a different extension that all the other plugin files. All the other files end in .dpm (ie. PLUGIN NAME.dpm), but the TH2 file ends in . component (TH2.component). Could this be my problem? How do I fix it?
Old 06-15-2013, 09:00 AM

Problem solved: Overloud has an incorrect file extension on the file they put in the Digidesign plug-in folder. They call it TH2.component but it should be TH2.dpm. When you change the file extension from .component to .dpm Pro Tools 9 then recognizes the TH2 plug-in.

Thanks to the tech guy at Sweetwater.com for figuring it out...

Thanks to everyone for your input!
Old 06-15-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Problem solved: Overloud has an incorrect file extension on the file they put in the Digidesign plug-in folder. They call it TH2.component but it should be TH2.dpm. When you change the file extension from .component to .dpm Pro Tools 9 then recognizes the TH2 plug-in.

Thanks to the tech guy at Sweetwater.com for figuring it out...

Thanks to everyone for your input!
hmm, I've never seen that happen. good to know.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio