Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Old 07-16-2010, 11:11 AM

Default Only 2 channels on an Ultra....thanks

Hello and thanks in advance to anyone who attempts to help me. I have Protools 8 running on an Imac (Snow Leopard) with an Maudio Fast Track Ultra. My PT8 recognizes all 4 inputs on my ultra only occasionally. Generally speaking, the PT will only see inputs 1&2. It is as though I do not have the Ultra powered but I do. Clearly the power is working because I use the phantom power which is lit up and I do have signal at inputs 3&4. They are just not recognized by PT8. Is there any simple solution to my problem?

Thanks again,
Ray
Old 07-16-2010, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Only 2 channels on an Ultra....thanks

Sounds to me that you need to change your I/O settings. If you use 'Last settings used' when beginning a new project, it will carry the issue over to the new session. If you have already created paths for those inputs and outputs, it could be the Ultra. I am not fully familiar with that interface, but as interfaces go, they do the same job.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:36 PM

I'll bet you're right. It would not be the first time I have been challanged by the in/out processing of the Ultra. I will avoid the last setting option and see if I can resolve this....thanks Ray
Old 07-17-2010, 08:33 AM

Are you bus powering the FTU? If you are powering it by usb only, only 2 channels will show as there is not enough juice to run all 4 mic pres. Plug in the AC adapter and all 4 should be there.

J
Old 07-17-2010, 10:15 AM

Actually I had the ac attached. BBennett was correct and all I had to do was change the i/o setting to "stereo mix" instead of "last used" when starting a new session and and I got all 8 channels backs. Thanks to all.
Ray