Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2017, 09:04 PM

Default Ample guitar M lite 2" plugin is not showing up in pro-tools first (12.3.1).

"Ample guitar M lite 2" plugin is not showing up in pro-tools. When I go to “insert” the plugin I don't see it on the list.

I read to look for the following files to make sure they were present. They are.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins\AGML2.aaxplugin\Contents\x64
has “AGML2.aaxplugin” in the folder.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins has the files

“AGML2.dpm” & “AGML2.dpm.rsr”

I also make sure that i create a stereo instrument track to insert too.

I've reinstalled the plugin, but it still doesn't show up. Very frustrating. Anyone else experience this problem and know a solution?
Old 02-02-2017, 10:42 PM

Default Re: Ample guitar M lite 2" plugin is not showing up in pro-tools first (12.3.1).

Hi and Welcome to the Community

As PT|First is a kind of taste what full PT versions offer and it is also free there are limitations like no 3rd party plugins at all so sorry to say the plugin you are trying to get going will not work in PT|First.

You can use plugins that are purchased within PT and the in-app Avid Marketplace but no outside 3rd party plugins you have bought outside of PT.

Here are some good Q&A for PT First:
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...s-First-FAQ#16

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 02-02-2017, 11:23 PM

Default Re: Ample guitar M lite 2" plugin is not showing up in pro-tools first (12.3.1).

Oh wow! ok. I didn't catch that in the Q&A. Thats a real bummer.Thankfully I didn't buy any 3rd party plug-ins. lol. I don't really want to fork out 300-500 for something I don't make a living at and is only a hobby. Plus this pro-tools|first is a crashy sob which doesn't engender confidence in the stability of their product. While it works i really like it though. Anyway, thank you for the info.