Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 11-14-2019, 11:29 AM

Default S1 Questions

1) Will it FOLLOW THE DAW IN EVERY VIEW?? Will the hardware reflect the hidden channels on the screen or will the hidden tracks on the DAW still be present on the hardware?

2) Is the "Tracks Page/Crashing Issue" resolved for Cubase/Nuendo?

3) Will the VU Leds SHOW MIDI ACTIVITY during recording and playback? Currently, in Nuendo, with the Artist Series, if a MIDI track is playing there is NO led activity to indicate that, even though you can see healthy signal on the DAW's channel view. You have to print it into an audio track in order for the VU to show signal!

4) Will the magnetic sides lock to the Dock?

5) Will Avid Control (formerly PT Control) work with Artist Series hardware?

6) Will there be a MASTER SWITCH to turn all of the units on at once (even if that means just leave them all on plugged into a power rail with an on/off switch)?

7) When will the S1s be in stores, so that we can actually TRY IT OUT?

I'm sure I'll have others. But these are the most important issues to me right now. Anybody else have questions? Feel free to chime in.

Last edited by KeyplayerG; 11-16-2019 at 01:45 PM.
Old 11-16-2019, 04:33 PM

Default Re: S1 Questions

Only thing I can tell you is its expected to release in December.
Old 11-17-2019, 06:08 PM
Avid

1, I will answer this in more detail this week. I just want to check a few things.
2, I tested this myself last week and couldn't get it to happen. Not saying its fixed just that I can't get it to happen with the new App anymore.
3, I will answer this in more detail this week too. I just want to check a few things.
4, Not the sides, but the Dock Link we current have for S3 works with S1 too. So it will connect with the magnets underneath.
5, Yes, The meters screen only follow S1 though.
6, Yes the S1 is Like the Dock so you can put them all on a power switch and turn on an off at the same time.
7, 4th Dec (hopefully) This is also when the software will release.
Old 11-18-2019, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyplayerG View Post
1)
2) Is the "Tracks Page/Crashing Issue" resolved for Cubase/Nuendo?
I don't use this app myself but I did experiment with it a while ago. Initially I had this crashing issue but after updating all the software (Cubase/Eucon/Windows/Firmware) and changing my wireless router, the problem was solved. I can't pinpoint the exact solution because I changed multiple things at once but I guess the router is the most likely thing.

If I get time, I will re-test with my current setup as it's been a couple of years since I last used the app. I run Windows FYI so I can't comment on how it works with Mac.
Old 11-18-2019, 05:21 AM

8) What size tablet is recommended to get the LEDs to line up with the channels?
9) Will these units work with Artist Transport?

Last edited by KeyplayerG; 11-18-2019 at 05:44 AM.
Old 11-18-2019, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-S-Q View Post
I don't use this app myself but I did experiment with it a while ago. Initially I had this crashing issue but after updating all the software (Cubase/Eucon/Windows/Firmware) and changing my wireless router, the problem was solved. I can't pinpoint the exact solution because I changed multiple things at once but I guess the router is the most likely thing.

If I get time, I will re-test with my current setup as it's been a couple of years since I last used the app. I run Windows FYI so I can't comment on how it works with Mac.

I am also on a PC, connected to a 1 yr old tp-link 16 port router with all new cat 5 cables. Before my iPad became a paperweight, I was running on the latest firmware/software (v18.3) offered. It never worked for me!

I had settled for avoiding at all cost touching that tracks page button, as everything else worked just fine and the system was stable. After my iPad updated to V 19.0 WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE OR PERMISSION, it's just been sitting back in it's box. I'm not risking anything else by updating, as I am reading (or seeing youtube videos) way too many complaints about 19.0/19.5/19.9 etc.

I am really hoping that all of this madness will stop with S1. IF it'll work with Nuendo without all of the current problems with the Artist Series, I'll get it. If the issues are still present, well, I've already got that now.
Old 11-18-2019, 08:35 AM
Avid

Quote:
8) What size tablet is recommended to get the LEDs to line up with the channels?
9) Will these units work with Artist Transport?
The 12" iPad's line up the best but they are not necessary. At AES show we had 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.5" and this photo is with 10" Huawei, iPad Air 2 and an Amazon Fire 10 in that order.

The S1's will work with the Dock, Transport and Color.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S1 and Dock.jpg (60.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-18-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
I am also on a PC, connected to a 1 yr old tp-link 16 port router with all new cat 5 cables. Before my iPad became a paperweight, I was running on the latest firmware/software (v18.3) offered. It never worked for me!

I had settled for avoiding at all cost touching that tracks page button, as everything else worked just fine and the system was stable. After my iPad updated to V 19.0 WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE OR PERMISSION, it's just been sitting back in it's box. I'm not risking anything else by updating, as I am reading (or seeing youtube videos) way too many complaints about 19.0/19.5/19.9 etc.

I am really hoping that all of this madness will stop with S1. IF it'll work with Nuendo without all of the current problems with the Artist Series, I'll get it. If the issues are still present, well, I've already got that now.
If your ipad backs up, there is a procedure to revert to the latest backup before the auto update occurred

You should also disable auto updating of apps
Old 11-18-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertg View Post
If your ipad backs up, there is a procedure to revert to the latest backup before the auto update occurred

You should also disable auto updating of apps
What's the procedure?!!?
Old 11-18-2019, 11:30 AM

Quote:
What's the procedure?!!?
google "restore ipad from backup"

the auto app update is in the ipad's settings under your icloud account