Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 12-08-2019, 01:32 PM

Default Cubase/Nuendo Users: Mixer Problem Work-Around

I don't know if this will work for Logic, DP, Studio One or Samplitude users, but, if you're a Cubase Nuendo user fighting that ridiculous battle getting the Hardware to match the software views, you might find this work-around useful.

If you disable your track instead of hide the track, the MC Control and Mix units will reflect that on the hardware. Apparently Disable and Delete will both be read by the hardware. For obvious reasons you wouldn't want to delete a track that could be needed later. But disabling a track will give you the desired results in hardware, while retaining your option to bring it back at any point simply by re-enabling it.

Clearly this is not perfect, hence the categorizing nature of it being a work-around. But IT IS USEABLE and will go a long way to ending the confusion caused by having tracks visible on the hardware that shouldn't be!

I hope this helps you guys. It's been a great weight lifted on my workflow!
Old 12-11-2019, 10:01 PM

Default Re: Cubase/Nuendo Users: Mixer Problem Work-Around

I'm sure there are scenarios where this would be helpful but disabling/enabling tracks is a) Very slow and b) Once disabled, a track will no longer play any sound. Therefore for me, this is a million miles away from a useful solution! :)
Old 12-12-2019, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-S-Q View Post
I'm sure there are scenarios where this would be helpful but disabling/enabling tracks is a) Very slow and b) Once disabled, a track will no longer play any sound. Therefore for me, this is a million miles away from a useful solution! :)
Not sure what you mean by very slow. I haven't noticed any difference in the amount of time it takes to disable/enable a track vrs. hiding it.

I do take your point about not being able to play the track. There could be times when you want to still hear the track but not see it. As I stated, it isn't anywhere close to perfect! This is totally in the "Beats a blank" category!

But, as the word has come down from a couple of Cubase users that NONE OF THESE PROBLEMS HAS BEEN FIXED with Avid Control and thereby extension the S1, anything that MIGHT be helpful on this issue, I thought, is worth mentioning.
Old 01-08-2020, 08:47 AM

Interesting but disabling tracks you just dont want to see on the surface kinds of defeats the object of mixing! Mix views are probably one of the most used commands in large track cubendo projects and its been going on 4 years waiting for this to be fixed.

Combined with the new Control dock/app problems with too many tracks the Avid/Steinberg solution is fast becoming a really frustrating no go area im afraid.
Old 02-13-2020, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyplayerG View Post
But, as the word has come down from a couple of Cubase users that NONE OF THESE PROBLEMS HAS BEEN FIXED with Avid Control and thereby extension the S1, anything that MIGHT be helpful on this issue, I thought, is worth mentioning.
Thanks! Good to know