Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 11-08-2019, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Logic Pro and Cubase/Nuendo top 5 bugs or Feature additions

Also,
This might just be my mac, but after a few hours on a long big project, Cubase looses connection with Eucon (or the other way around, don't know) and the whole unit shows as if I have no project open (Basically renders it useless) until I restart my mac and load the project again.

This has been the situation with Cubase and Eucon for as long as I can remember it (3 years maybe?) and it is consistent with Artist Control (back in the days) and 3 artist mixes I went through.... So it must be a software thing...
Old 12-08-2019, 04:05 AM

Dock rotary knobs are lagging with Nuendo, PT integration is much smoother
Old 12-08-2019, 04:25 AM

Just updating that the new Eucon version didn’t fix any of the issues in Cubase.
I wonder if it’s the same with the S1... I assume so since the behavior is consistent with the new app, but I’ll know better once I get my S1.
Old 12-08-2019, 07:38 AM

In Nuendo, there is NO VU/OLED ACTIVITY for MIDI tracks! You have to watch the DAW screen to get levels or ANY indication that the track is functioning. Once you print the results as an audio track, the OLEDs work as expected.
Old 12-21-2019, 04:25 AM

Hey Eddie, in Cubase 10.5, eucon doesn't close the plugin windows anymore, when edited. It only opens the windows and doesn't close them. That used to work, but doesn't anymore. Also in the new Control app, in channel view there used to be the cubase channel "strip", instead of "heat". That's gone too..
Old 12-30-2019, 02:58 PM

It's the same under Cubase 8.5. The Plugin windows opens, but doesn't close any more.
Tested with Cubase 8.5 and Cubase 10.5, Windows 10. I think the last working version concerning this function was 19.5.1 (EuControl).
Old 01-05-2020, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-S-Q View Post
1. If tracks are hidden in Cubase, they should also become hidden on the control surface This is the highest priority for me by a very long way, hence the bold type .

This
Old 01-08-2020, 12:52 PM

Steinberg Mix console views hide\show channels reflected on Eucon control surface.

VCA solo/mute needs to work properly

Plugin open/close
Old 01-11-2020, 03:11 AM

I just got my S1 and can confirm that bugs and missing features that were happening with the Artist Mix carry on to the S1.

I really hope this gets fixed eventually... The S1 is such a great controller unit that I would love to take full advantage of its capabilities.
Old 01-11-2020, 09:31 AM

Oh dear me, been waiting for years for those features and bugs to be ironed out in Eucon with artist mix/control/transport. I've though of upgrading to the S1/dock but won't even consider it until these promises are made good.

Enough is enough when software/hardware companies launch products onto the market that aren't fully functional or compatible and just don't bother to get bugs fixed for customers who have spent considerable amounts of money on their products. If two companies are involved it gets worst when they start shifting responsibility onto each other. 10/10 to Eddie for his efforts and contributions on this forum, the other parties just ignore people!