How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 11-19-2019, 01:55 AM

Default Re: S1 Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyplayerG View Post
I am also on a PC, connected to a 1 yr old tp-link 16 port router with all new cat 5 cables. Before my iPad became a paperweight, I was running on the latest firmware/software (v18.3) offered. It never worked for me!

I had settled for avoiding at all cost touching that tracks page button, as everything else worked just fine and the system was stable. After my iPad updated to V 19.0 WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE OR PERMISSION, it's just been sitting back in it's box. I'm not risking anything else by updating, as I am reading (or seeing youtube videos) way too many complaints about 19.0/19.5/19.9 etc.

I am really hoping that all of this madness will stop with S1. IF it'll work with Nuendo without all of the current problems with the Artist Series, I'll get it. If the issues are still present, well, I've already got that now.
I just tried the Pro Tools Control app again and it appears to run perfectly in a session with 180 tracks. No crashes when accessing the 'Tracks' page.
I have the latest version of the app and the latest version of Eucontrol, with Windows 10 and Cubase 10.5 The iPad is quite an old model though so the only thing not up to date is iOS which is version 9.3.3

There obviously is an issue of some kind because many people (including myself previously) have experienced the crashing when track count get's above 36, or whatever the exact number is. The cause is not clear but all I can say is that it is POSSIBLE for the app to run ok given the right setup.
Old 11-19-2019, 05:18 AM

Default Re: S1 Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertg View Post
google "restore ipad from backup"

the auto app update is in the ipad's settings under your icloud account
I don't think it will matter now. Eucon 18.3.0.244 will no longer download to my iPad.

So, here's HOPING that S1 will actually work.