Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2018, 05:23 AM

Default Re: Avid releasing new product?

Sounds like you need a break! Next time you travel north to Sydney let me know.
Old 02-20-2018, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KV626 View Post
While I would agree that seeing Pro Tools ending up in Apple's hands might not be a viable solution, I'd certainly not say that's because they'd screw it up. Logic has become one of the top DAWs today, thanks to Apple and what they did with LPX.
no.. it hasn't. They keep bolting on features and spending obviously massive resources to do so, yet won't fix underlying 20 year old issues with it.

People buy it cause it's easy to write music in and it's CHEAP with all the included instruments, as well as being stable, and they like the idea of apple product apple computer.

However, almost all those people at some point end up on a forum pulling their hair out as they come across one of Logic's "legacy" mixing engine problems, rinse, cycle repeat.

I personally had to help *dozens* of people not understand why their automation was "suddenly" out of time, till i finally created the topic at Gearslutz to hopefully help more people out there.

I have reported it to apple every year for over 10 years to no avail. Just one example.

It's a very serious fundamental issue, but there are many more.

Just my 2c and another take from a logic user since V2.. until i couldn't take apple not fixing these major problems anymore.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:33 AM

At Christmas they had a similar MTRX sale--I didn't notice if it was on the entire HDX line; presumably the current sale is simply a President's Day holiday weekend sale. (And it's a sale on both the base unit and the various I/O cards.) So if someone's considering purchasing HDX interfaces, waiting until a possible holiday sale could save significant money.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:21 PM

Oh ok, i finally found it by going to an American online store.. Couldn't see it on Avid's own pages...

20% is HUGE on stuff at those sorts of prices.

Unfortunately it will have that effect on my mind now that I have to wait till I can get it at 20% again, as I won't spend an extra 2 thousand dollars if I don't have to. So i hope they do it again.

Can't find any such details at one single aussie store unfortunately.

If i search for avid hdx 20%, tons of results come up, if i filter the goog to OZ only, nothing.. plenty of results but with the "20%" crossed out, i.e, not present.

I have contacted the guy I am dealing with to ask him if he has access to it so i can buy the base card, 1 i/o and the software TODAY.. so.. hopefully i hear good news.
The rest can be sorted out later any time, that's the easy part.
Old 02-20-2018, 01:15 PM

Financially they may each have been a disaster. But Hernandez is the one who began outsourcing PT development, and we all know how well that has worked out. That took bad decision making to a whole new level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
The same thing has been said about the last three CEOs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-20-2018, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
if there are any bargains you know of at brick and mortar dealers please drop me a PM.. much appreciated.

I would try vintage king.

Email them now and setup the deal. Tell them you will pick it up at their office no shipping required

I’ve found they always have the best new deals
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeecee View Post
Sounds like you need a break! Next time you travel north to Sydney let me know.
awesome, will do. Likewise melbourne, give us a holler. Cheers
Old 02-20-2018, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
I would try vintage king.

Email them now and setup the deal. Tell them you will pick it up at their office no shipping required

I’ve found they always have the best new deals
I saw this too late.. it's like almost 730 there..

I have the aussie guy I am dealing with trying to get a special price now..

it is what it is, or till the next sale.
Old 02-24-2018, 01:26 AM

Avid has stayed in business by buying out other developers, like Digidesign and Euphonix, rebranding their software/hardware, and taking their profit, all while doing next to nothing to improve their own software, like Media Composer-which is in such desperate need of a rewrite, it’s unfathomable. Anytime Avid adds a feature that every other software has had for a decade or more, they sell it as revolutionary, because they bank on their industry standard status, and trust that no one knows how behind the times they are. This is no longer true. Everything great about Protools was a product of Digidesign. Everything great about the hardware was designed by Digidesign, Euphonix, or Focusrite. Avid is a monopoly and between it an Apple, they are making the film and television industries desperate for reliable competitors.

What do you expect from a company that charges $60 for a tech support call, and turns a profit from their **** not working.

Sorry to dunk on Avid, but this is where we are. No one at that company dreams any more. Everything they make runs exactly like it did 10 years ago. Everything they bought from other companies, remains pretty much the same. I’d love to see Avid kick it into gear and release new-working products, re-engineered for the 21st century. They need to start listening to people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-24-2018, 02:13 AM

Why not just change software then Fixius? I see you use PT HD 12, *AND* media composer..

Go to Logic and final cut pro instead (for example), or nuendo and something else. You say avid's software is behind the times.. I say Pro tools has stuff that no other DAW has even today..

it's behind on just 2 things.. track folders (already coming), and integrated pitch. That's it. Big deal.