Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2017, 06:14 PM

Default Making Plugins Active From S3

I was thinking of buying an S3 but I'm just trying to confirm some workflow issues. I work with templates where plugins are assigned but are inactive until needed. Is there any way to make a plugin active by just using the S3 surface? I saw another thread asking the same question about the S6 but I'm not sure if it's been implemented.

Thanks in advance.

Ryan
Old 12-15-2017, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Making Plugins Active From S3

Yes, there are a few methods, but one of the easiest is, press "inserts" upper left and all the plugs for that channel strip are displayed.. Press the corresponding "In" button to turn on or off. As I mentioned, there are other ways too, for insert points across all channels etc
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 12-15-2017, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmccam View Post
Is there any way to make a plugin active by just using the S3 surface?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx View Post
one of the easiest is, press "inserts" upper left and all the plugs for that channel strip are displayed.. Press the corresponding "In" button to turn on or off.
This is one of my favorite workflows for the S3.
I put a trim plug at the top of every channel with the phase flipped and set the plug to bypass.
Using the top strip on the S3 with the first insert for every channel showing, I now have a phase button for every channel.
Old 12-18-2017, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macsearcher View Post
This is one of my favorite workflows for the S3.
I put a trim plug at the top of every channel with the phase flipped and set the plug to bypass.
Using the top strip on the S3 with the first insert for every channel showing, I now have a phase button for every channel.
That's a good idea. My template already has a Trim in slot A so that works out well.

Thank you both for the responses. I have my new S3 en route!

Ryan
Old 12-22-2017, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx View Post
Yes, there are a few methods, but one of the easiest is, press "inserts" upper left and all the plugs for that channel strip are displayed.. Press the corresponding "In" button to turn on or off. As I mentioned, there are other ways too, for insert points across all channels etc
It seems that this method bypasses the plugin, not makes it active. Unless I'm missing something? Is there any reason this wouldn't work? I'm on PT version 12.7.1, Eucon 3.7.0138 and the latest S3 firmware (1.2.0.131).

Thanks,

Ryan