Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 07-03-2019, 03:34 PM

Default Re: ProTools price adjustments from July 1st.

My update plan renewed in August, so I threw the $200 in before the increase so I’d get 2 years instead of 1. In fact, I sorta saved $1 by doing this if the price hadn’t changed. I figure in those 2 years I’ll either find something new or Avid will figure out something to make customers happy?

As an aside, I am a registered user of most DAWs. The main thing that always bothers me is the visual. S1 fixing the way their WAVs look is HUGE for me. So much better.

Also, while reading the forum here, I forgot there was a Logic update, so I went to apply that and guess what? I’m on Sierra so Logic can’t be upgraded cause my operating system is too old! Oh, the irony.
Old 07-17-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WombatStudio.Org View Post
My update plan renewed in August, so I threw the $200 in before the increase so I’d get 2 years instead of 1. In fact, I sorta saved $1 by doing this if the price hadn’t changed. I figure in those 2 years I’ll either find something new or Avid will figure out something to make customers happy?

As an aside, I am a registered user of most DAWs. The main thing that always bothers me is the visual. S1 fixing the way their WAVs look is HUGE for me. So much better.

Also, while reading the forum here, I forgot there was a Logic update, so I went to apply that and guess what? I’m on Sierra so Logic can’t be upgraded cause my operating system is too old! Oh, the irony.
high sierra is fine ... just having isues with Mojave ... right now i would say avoid Mojave ...

and the next shoe to drop and cause issues will be: ilok not working because there are conflicts with people that DID NOT update / pay in advance for Pro Tools .. just waiting for that !!

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 08-24-2019, 09:55 AM

Mojave’s a bitch for now !! On any daw there are issues with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybot View Post
Mojave’s a bitch for now !! On any daw there are issues with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pro Tools 2019.6 on Mojave 10.14.5 has been the most stable combo for me since Pro Tools 10.
Genelec 1031AP/7070A 5.1 monitoring.
Old 09-27-2019, 04:56 PM

Well we are way past July 1st and people are still subscribing which just goes to show you that Avid clearly understands the old saying;
You can put anything in the trough and the pigs will eat it.

Amazing how people still try to put a positive spin on the subscription model instead of truly understanding it only benefits the vendor.