Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 06-19-2005, 12:35 PM

Default Core Card is not recognized with Digitest!!!

Help!!!!!!!

I just purchased HD2 Accel and installed it in my G5. After following the "Getting Started with HD" to the letter, I keep getting a FlexCable connection error when I run digitest and the only card that shows up in the list is the accel card.I have gone through the install 4 times with the same results. The core card doesn't show up at all. I reseated both cards and the FlexCable. I have checked my system settings and verified my connections, but still no dice. Has anyone experienced this before? I am a new protools user and would appreciate any help.

Here is my set up:

HD2 Accel 6.7 with the 6.9 update
G5 OSX 10.3, dual 2G with 1G RAM
192 I/O

Thanks,

Michael
Old 06-19-2005, 12:46 PM

Default Re: Core Card is not recognized with Digitest!!!

Have you flipped the flex cable (A/B) the other way?
Are you certain you have the cards in the correct order?
Old 06-19-2005, 06:33 PM

Also make sure that your Core Card is underneath the Accel, in a G5, slot count starts from the bottom up. I know you said you followed it to a T, but the G4 counts top down, so if you were looking at the diagram, could be wrong?

Otherwise, sounds like a bad flex cable.

But as the other person noted, make sure it connects B on the Core to A on the Accel, which also seems counterintuitive to me.

Have you called Digi?
Old 12-27-2011, 01:05 AM

This is an old post but I'm having the exact same problem with my HD3 Accel. What was the solution?? Thanks!
Old 12-27-2011, 11:25 AM

Are you using the CD ROM or the one that comes with HD10 DIGITEST. As AVID told me always use the most current Digitest that came with the HD program disgard all old versions. Only use HD10 Digitest Iv had this problem to. But I think it was just the digitest software it self was not working properly. I would try to download the most current DIGITEST software and try again. When this happend to me I couldnt get any of the cards to show up.