Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2009, 07:58 PM

Default MBOX 2 - Korg R3 - MIDI I/O not communicating - PT8LE

Hey Everyone,

I am new to PT overall and not very good working with MIDI...

I have MBOX2 set up and it works fine passing/receiving [recording] analog sounds from my mixer, but I am unable to transfer/receive any MIDI data via MIDI connectors using KORG R3 or Yamaha MM6 (just tested it a few minutes ago).

The Korg R3 works fine when connected via USB. Once I purchased the MBOX2 with Pro Tools, overall my computer does not recognize KORG R3 when connected via MIDI IN/OUT through the MBOX2 (I've tested it in other software including R3 as well). I should mention that in other software like the one which goes with R3 - it sees the MBOX2 under MIDI IN/OUT as Digidesign Mbox2, but does not transfer data and when I try to sync it errors out... So, I guess it sees the MBOX2 as a MIDI device but will not communicate with KORG

In PT I've added the R3 in Midi Studio, MIDI Thru is also checked.

Doesn't matter if I use MIDI track or an Instrument track - R3 and PT (I think with the computer overall) do not communicate.

In Control Panel - Audio, the MIDI Playback is set to Digidesign MBOX2.

R3 MIDI settings are set to MIDI+USB.

What sux is there is no some type of "central" set up for MIDI devices when connected via MBOX2 or I just don't know where I can find such settings? Could it be that I need some sort of I/O MIDI drivers specifically for KORG R3? I am really not sure what is wrong in here.

Any help/suggestion is appreciated!
Old 09-01-2009, 04:23 PM

Default Re: MBOX 2 - Korg R3 - MIDI I/O not communicating - PT8LE

Stupid me... For some reason I decided that INs should be plugged into INs and OUTs into OUTs

I guess I didn't notice in the manual or something... well anyways issue is resolved.