How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2011, 12:10 PM

Default .dll error

Hi-
I posted this on the Windows 002/003 discussion board, then realized it may be better to post here, so...

I'm getting the following when opening PT9

---------------------------
Pro Tools: ProTools.exe - System Error
The program can't start because WinMMFix.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
OK

I believe I located the .dll file and followed instructions to install, to no avail. I uninstalled PT and reinstalled but am still getting the same message. I'm really at a loss about what to do.

I believe this .dll went missing after installing one of the 3rd party plug-ins that came with my 002 rack when I bought it - either Reason Adapted, Amplitube, Sampletank or T-Racks.

It's also possible it occurred when I installed Finale 2012 too - but I don't believe so.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks, Tommy
Old 10-17-2011, 03:19 PM

Default Re: .dll error

So, I uninstalled the digirack bundle (SampleTank, Amplitube, T-Racks) and I'm no longer getting the missing .dll error message. However, I recently started getting the following message:

Pro Tools hardware is either not installed or used by another program.

So what is this? I've seen a few other threads mentioning this, but no luck in finding the answer. I don't have any PT hardware connected (well, I did, but unplugged it to see if that was the culprit).

Anyone else have this issue? I just upgraded to 9.05 btw

thanks-
Old 10-17-2011, 03:26 PM

Default Re: .dll error

Ok, so this guy had the answer to the second part of my question about PT hardware - here's the link in case anyone else has the issue...

http://scotttroyer.com/2011/03/fix-p...other-program/

So, now to be pesty, why can't I use the digirack bundle? Maybe there's an upgrade that would allow me to?

Peace,
PT 7.4
002R/Command|8