Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 07-19-2007, 08:48 AM

Default Installing Pro Tools LE 7.3

Ive been through all the troubleshooting threads, i cant find a specific enough answer for my problem!

I cant install Pro Tools LE, it just comes up with so many different error windows, one example is

***IS_STRING_NOT_DEFINED*** which is the most common one, bassically i press "ok" to these wondows and it closes the programm down, and stops installation!

I have tried so many things to stop it, but nothing seems to work! any ideas? If anyone has any ways to stop that error feature from coming up that'll be great or atleast tell me why it is doing that!

I have a packard bell, Idesign, with windows XP home editions, with 0.98 gb of ram, i have closed down all network cards, stopped running applications such as virus checks and other programms, i have enabled DMA, etc. done pretty much everything is says to do in the manual, nothing works! I have deleted all digidesign and pro tools folders from the C-drive

I don't know what to do!!! any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

cheers Jack