Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2009, 10:07 PM

Default Anyone Ever See This Happening?

I highlight a region, hit the + or - key to nudge, and the HIGHLIGHT itself moves, but not the region. Just the shaded area. Have I inadvertently hit some key command or something?

Thanks
TH

(PT 8)
Old 01-19-2009, 06:52 AM

Default Re: Anyone Ever See This Happening?

Only thing i can think of is if you where holding down the shift key while hitting +/-
Old 01-19-2009, 08:26 AM

I have had this. I wasn't holding down shift or any other keys. It should have nudged the region but instead it nudged the selection area. Are you selecting just the region or are you selecting some extra area before or after the region? I never did anything to remedy the issue, it just stopped happening. I know it hasnt happened since I updated to PT8.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerboy View Post
I have had this. I wasn't holding down shift or any other keys. It should have nudged the region but instead it nudged the selection area. Are you selecting just the region or are you selecting some extra area before or after the region? I never did anything to remedy the issue, it just stopped happening. I know it hasnt happened since I updated to PT8.
PT8, but I believe I saw it in the past on 7.4x. It's just the weirdest thing....glad to know I'm not alone...

TH
Old 01-19-2009, 10:30 AM

Is the region in question, a separate region, or are you attempting to slide a small part of a larger region? If so, when you highlight your desired selection, hit Ctrl-E to separate it and then try the nudge.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-20-2009, 07:29 AM

In my case I was nudging a whole region. I'm aware that you can't nudge part of a region until you separate regions. I remember there being an issue that if you selected a little more than the region, either on the front or the back end it would nudge the selection area rather than the region. It also occurred sporadically when just the region was selected. In my case however, this issue has gone away with the update to PT8.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerboy View Post
In my case I was nudging a whole region. I'm aware that you can't nudge part of a region until you separate regions. I remember there being an issue that if you selected a little more than the region, either on the front or the back end it would nudge the selection area rather than the region. It also occurred sporadically when just the region was selected. In my case however, this issue has gone away with the update to PT8.
Don't forget; if a region starts at time 00:00:000 and you try to nudge earlier, it can't move as it is "up against the wall" already. The solution there is to simply place a cut just AFTER time 00:00:000 so your region has room to move.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave