Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2016, 12:36 AM

Default Ultranova audio interface blocking Fast Track Pro

Dear experts,

does anybody of you have experience with running a Novation Ultranova synthesizer as a "normal" synth in Win7 under Pro Tools MP9 and a Fast Track Pro audio-interface?

You might know, that the UN has an integrated audio interface and this is automatically installed when you install the USB driver. The problems start at installation, when I have to switch off FTP. Otherwise the UN cannot be installed properly. Unfortunately, then the system thinks, that the UN is now my main interface and thus MP9 isn't booting anymore.
When I later deactivate the UN in the device manager and reactivate the FTP, MP9 is starting again and finds also the UN plugin but does not get any connection to the UN (most likely because it's deactivated).

I don't want more than embedding the UN in MP9 to control MIDI as I did with my other synths (i.e. Korg M50). I don't want to use its audio interface!

Hope this was more or less understandable since I am not native English speaker.

Do you have any ideas of how to setup the UN properly as a "normal" synth under MP9 and FTP in Win7?

Thanks a lot in advance!