Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2011, 06:52 PM

Default Pro Tools LE 8.0.1 Issues?

All of a suden Pro Tools is freezing in Load in. Anyone else having this issue? I've been sessioning for the past 9months without issue now all of a sudden this happens out of the blue. Running Vista and i know its buggy but nothing like this has ever happened. I updated PT but it says I'm up to date. I know I'm probably going to reinstall. So anoying. if anyone else is having the same issues please respond, if there is a quick fix let me know.
Thanks
Deadshot

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs293....5_738343_n.jpg
Old 01-14-2011, 11:45 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools LE 8.0.1 Issues?

Mmmmm, could you give us LESS info to go on? Start here: Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting! and then hit the General Troubleshooting thread for some solid info on proper system config. Since the issue is new(sort of), did you forget to turn OFF the Windows Auto-update feature. Do you ever connect this computer to the internet(like for general web-surfing)? Did you recently install some new program or update? It sounds like you had some issues before(but not show-stoppers) so the Sandra report you need to post, may show a hardware issue. Without the Sandra report, nobody can really help.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-15-2011, 06:17 AM

Cool Re: Pro Tools LE 8.0.1 Issues?

Howdy all.
PT 8 has been freezing on " loading machine control",, or loading" Midi" It just hangs and stay untill I re-start the pc,
I re- installed everything ,all the win. opts. /trasher ,, etc,,, same results on 8.01,, dead in the water canceled sessions,,
OUCH,, Its getting harder and harder to make a living with this software..
I just spent 3 days with a brand new hard drive and fresh installs of everything,,, no third party plugs, and all tweeks from DIGI,,
Same results, This system worked flawlessly till PT8 and then its been trouble ever since,
I am not bashing,, I just want to go back to audio and not computer trouble shooting ,,
PLEASE AVID .. you are crushing us little guys, If you are done with us , Please let us know,,Its only fair , I have sent you thousands of dollars in the last 5 years,, could I please JUST have a version that works out of the box without having to get a degree in computer science?
I love your products, we have been together a long time,, but you are SLOWLY KILLING me!
Its very sad that a little company like reaper can blow the doors of a monster Co. like DIGI/AVID. Its really sad to see someone you love get beat up so badly..
Wheres the 004? OR SOMETHING TO REPLACE IT? is there going to be an 004?
Wheres 64 bit? how long is there going to be a 64 bit PT9? PT10?
JUST TELL US HOW LONG ,, IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK ? A TIME LINE?
WE ARE,, AND HAVE BEEN LOYAL CUSTOMERS FOR YEARS.
We will wait with you,, but you need to be honest with us

UNCLEMAR
PRO TOOL USE SINCE THE DIGI 001 and proud to be!
Old 01-18-2011, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools LE 8.0.1 Issues?

Well the issue with this seems to be around the service packs. I know Windows Vista Home Premium is not listed on the site as compatible but I will say this, I updated to service pack 2 a week ago and that's when it started. Service Pack 1 runs smooth, I reimaged my computer updated to only service pack 1 and no issues. I agree with sofakat, being an engineer and no computer knowledge you are doomed in this industry. however I'm lucky enough to know what to look for on my own.

Albee1952, the info I gave was a general question to see if anyone else is having the same issue, not really a trouble shoot question. I think it was self explainatory you must have missed the point. I'd rather start a new thread than troll for hours on a board hoping to find an answer. Either way I found the answer myself with little input from Avid and the better than you Forum Trolls. Hope your sounds are as good as your response, you'll keep me in business.

Wouldn't be the first that a company released a new product and installed a bug in the old version to make you upgrade. just found it ironic that 9 is released and the next day I got issues. coincidence though.

L8ter

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs293....5_738343_n.jpg