Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 01-26-2019, 06:49 PM

Default PTHDN does not recognize 2nd Omni interface

Quick preface
Thru a weird set of circumstances I ended up with a second Avid HD Omni which I am trying to use as a second I/O device so I can increase my I/O count.

But for some reason (probably something I am missing because until now I have not used multiple I/O units ) I can not get both Omni's to show in the the I/O window . And In the Hardware Tab it lists only the #1 Omni

As per the manual
The #1 Omni Primary Port is connected to the DigiLink Mini Port #1 on the HD Native card

The #2 Omni Primary Port is connected to the Expansion Port on #1 Omni

The Loop Sync " Out" on #1. Omni is connected to Loop Sync "In" on #2. Omni
Loop Sync "Out" on the #2 Omni is connected to Loop Sync "In" on the #1 Omni

Both Omni's appear to be running firmware version 2.10 (I think) because the both the Primary 1- 16 and the Expansion 17-32 show up in the digitest as version 2.10 But the info page only shows the the serial # for the #1 Omni no matter if I select Primary or Expansion. ?????

Also either Omni's will run a session just fine ???? but still only shows the I/O matrix for one Omni ???
I tried Holding down the N key and launching PT but can only choose HD Omni #1 or PT Aggregate ?

So I have tried trashing preferences and also downloading HD drivers with only the #2 Omni powered on NADA

Any suggestions other than starting a support ticket ?
Thanks Kev,

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 01-26-2019, 06:53 PM

Default Re: PTHDN does not recognize 2nd Omni interface

Pro Tools only supports one Omni interface. Been that way forever and is well documented/discussed in the past on DUC.
Old 01-26-2019, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Pro Tools only supports one Omni interface. Been that way forever and is well documented/discussed in the past on DUC.
Thanks Darryl I admit I did not research that particular question Or I knew it but forgot
Well Dam Sam that's the pits

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 01-26-2019, 08:37 PM

Yep, it’s frustrated lots of people. I suspect it’s more just not worth Avid’s time doing the engineeering vs. a more malicious deliberate reason to force people to buy a HD IO or MTRX.
Old 01-27-2019, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Yep, it’s frustrated lots of people. I suspect it’s more just not worth Avid’s time doing the engineeering vs. a more malicious deliberate reason to force people to buy a HD IO or MTRX.
Oh I was not thinking malice per se .
And I am certainly no engineer or code writer
But having set up this dual Omni situation, it appears to be only in the software coding ( the validity of which I am not knowledgeable enough to judge) Because as I noted the either hardware unit runs fine with both Omni's connected to the system.

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 01-27-2019 at 07:48 AM.