Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid Pro Mixing General Discussion

Old 07-12-2020, 05:51 PM

Default EUCON Not Loading

Hello all,

I'm running Catalina 10.15.2 and Pro Tools 2020.5. I decided to go ahead and set up my iPad Gen 6 as a small control surface. I went to MyAvid and downloaded the EUCON unified install 20.6.1. It appeared to install correctly, going through its normal routine and then rebooting the computer. However, when the computer came back up, it didn't put the EU icon at the top of my screen. I also can't find the EUCON icon in my apps. I thought, perhaps, it's not like the old system and doesn't show the icon so, I went into PT to Setup - Peripherals - Ethernet and checked the enable boxes. It did it's normal scan for devices and did not find the iPad (which is running the Avid Control app ver 20.6.0.1).

Both devices are on the same network.

I feel like the software did not install properly (even thought it appeared to), but perhaps it's something else. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Old 07-12-2020, 07:39 PM
Avid

Default Re: EUCON Not Loading

Greetings,

Pro Tools 2020.5 is compatible with macOS 10.15.3 or 10.15.5. I would recommend going to 10.15.5:

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...tibility-Chart

The latest Unified EUCON installer is 20.6.1, which should be in your Avid account. Make sure you update to the latest version of the Avid Control app from the App Store.

In Pro Tools > Peripherals > Ethernet Controllers > tick Enable EUCON.

It’s also not a bad idea to first run the EUCON uninstaller (which is part of the installer) if you’ve ever had a legacy version on your system.

After uninstall, tick the S1 / S3 / Dock / Control option and reboot. The app which will be installed after reboot living in your Applications folder is called EuControl. There is also a Control Panel in the System Preferences where you can designate the Network Interface you want to use with your EUCON surfaces.

Let us know how it goes.

Best,

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
MTRX FAQ
Old 07-13-2020, 09:45 AM

Default Re: EUCON Not Loading

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativecontrol View Post
Greetings,

Pro Tools 2020.5 is compatible with macOS 10.15.3 or 10.15.5. I would recommend going to 10.15.5:

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...tibility-Chart

The latest Unified EUCON installer is 20.6.1, which should be in your Avid account. Make sure you update to the latest version of the Avid Control app from the App Store.

In Pro Tools > Peripherals > Ethernet Controllers > tick Enable EUCON.

It’s also not a bad idea to first run the EUCON uninstaller (which is part of the installer) if you’ve ever had a legacy version on your system.

After uninstall, tick the S1 / S3 / Dock / Control option and reboot. The app which will be installed after reboot living in your Applications folder is called EuControl. There is also a Control Panel in the System Preferences where you can designate the Network Interface you want to use with your EUCON surfaces.

Let us know how it goes.

Best,

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks, Jeff. This worked perfectly! I first updated Catalina, then re-downloaded EUCON 20.6.1 and ran uninstall before installing S1/S3/Dock. When the computer came back up after rebooting, EUCON launched and it easily found my iPad that was running the Avid Control app. It's working great.

Thanks again for walking me through this!

Best,
Skip