Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 07-01-2020, 09:26 PM

Default No CPU Power Error Message.

Pro Tools Users .. I am having a heck of a time with the CPU usage. I have frozen a majority of my tracks and have the Playback Engine set to 1024 Samples x 3 GB Cache. But I can barely get 1-2 seconds of playback before getting the dreaded CPU out of power (AAE-9173) message. I did a screen capture of the session I'm on just in case someone out there in DucLand can help me out.

Thank you.

late 2011 Mac Sierra 10.12.6
2.7 Gig i5
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

PT 12.4

link to screen cap -- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D0d...ew?usp=sharing
Old 07-01-2020, 09:53 PM

Default Re: No CPU Power Error Message.

there are hundreds, maybe thousands, of threads on duc about how to troubleshoot this error. and most start with stuff under "help us help you" up the top of each DUC web page, there is not much point starting another thread until you have tried all the obvious stuff. you can search duc best by including site:duc.avid.com in a google search.

Pro Tools 12 has pretty poor plugin scaling, addressed in a 2019 release (unlikely to be this issue), but always assume plugins are the cause (very likely to be this issue) until you show they are not.

The first place you start is trashing prefs, checking other sessions, trying with built in output, and moving all plugins out of the plugin folder. ... this again has been repeated here so often

Your version of Pro Tools is not officially supported on your macOS version, so if you don't find another fix you may need to address that.

Nobody here will have any specific idea of the cause... you need to do the troubleshooting.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 07-01-2020 at 10:24 PM.
Old 07-02-2020, 12:52 AM

Default Re: No CPU Power Error Message.

Compatibility info here. PT 12.4 is not supported on Sierra. Please bookmark for future use.