Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2010, 12:22 PM

Exclamation Elastic Audio not rendering ALL REGIONS

I cannot believe how many issues there are with PT 8.0.4. I know Avid won't support any of my issues unless I switch to 8.1, but how can I have confidence in the next version when the previous ones are buggy as all get out!?!?!?!

Anyway, here's issue #153086.

I just timed some acoustic tracks using EA. I switched on X-form, waited forever for it to render, then I decided to commit it. After waiting a long time and watching the progress bar decrease, when it was finished I was left with 50% of the regions missing! There's no way to re-render, or to make it find them/reprocess or anything. Just a big middle finger for the time I spent editing and waiting for render.

What's the deal?
Old 10-04-2010, 10:26 AM

Default Re: Elastic Audio not rendering ALL REGIONS

Yep. Welcome to EA.

1. You must consolidate all your regions on the track first. I know, it's a ball ache, and I'd really rather not either, but that's the only way to get it working properly.

2. You must not touch the computer while it's X-Forming. No email, no web browsing, hell don't even mute a track. Step away from the computer. I know, it's a ball ache, etc etc.

3. If you have missing files, and you've "committed", sometimes apple-z will bring them back in their "non-committed" form. Sometimes though that doesn't work either. I've found if you "chop" a non-existent region again that'll force Tools to recalculate the missing rendered region (as long as X-Form is "live") and it'll pop back, albeit in two halves. It's time consuming though. Otherwise you have to go back to "polyphonic" and then re-select "X-Form". Total ball ache.

4. It probably goes without saying but you should always save a session that's "pre-committed" and one that's "post-committed", just so you can go back a stage. Having said that, sometimes you end up with missing rendered files regardless, but still, it can help.

I'm sure there are other tips these other guys will know, but that's all I can think of for now.