Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 08-22-2006, 08:26 AM

Default Can\'t Authorize MP3 Option

I purchased the option yet the demo window never gave me the option to Authorize it. Now the demo has expired
and I can't export mp3's at all. I reied to re-install from the PT installer w/o luck.

PT 7.1.cs9 HD2 Accel
Dual 2.3 Ghz G5 Mac PPC
Old 08-22-2006, 11:48 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Can\'t Authorize MP3 Option

There are some troubleshooting help you can try in the "MP3 Option installation on Mac OS X Pro Tools Systems" Answerbase item in the MP3 Option FAQ section.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:21 PM

Quote:
There are some troubleshooting help you can try in the "MP3 Option installation on Mac OS X Pro Tools Systems" Answerbase item in the MP3 Option FAQ section.
Just a reminder that to use this Answerbase link on a Mac with Safari as the default browser you'll need to copy the URL and paste it into Firefox or some other browser to read the info.

Sonny Keyes
Ricochet Audio
Toronto

Rig 1: 2.8GHz Macbook Pro PT 12.7.1 Logic 10.3.2 Scarlett 18i20
Rig 2: 2.66 QuadCore Intel Xeon Logic 10.2.0 Scarlett 18i20 PTHD10.3.10
Old 08-22-2006, 11:44 PM
Administrator

Not sure what you mean. I'm on the latest version of Safari and have no problem opening the link by clicking on it.
Some parts of the website require that JavaScript is enabled in your browser preferences, and the Flash plug-in v7 or higher (I'm on the current Flash 9 version)
Old 08-23-2006, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Not sure what you mean. I'm on the latest version of Safari and have no problem opening the link by clicking on it.
Some parts of the website require that JavaScript is enabled in your browser preferences, and the Flash plug-in v7 or higher (I'm on the current Flash 9 version)
My bad. I'm on a network where I updates happen slowly, so my Safari is back at 1.2.4.

Sorry for thread-hijacking. I guess the whole parallel HTML site idea quietly went away.

Sonny Keyes
Ricochet Audio
Toronto

Rig 1: 2.8GHz Macbook Pro PT 12.7.1 Logic 10.3.2 Scarlett 18i20
Rig 2: 2.66 QuadCore Intel Xeon Logic 10.2.0 Scarlett 18i20 PTHD10.3.10
Old 03-09-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avid View Post
Where is this FAQ now? It is no longer there. I have protools 8 LE and have purchased the MP3 option. But when I try to bounce to MP3 it comes up with the following error:

"The MP3 option cannot be enabled because: Module initialization failed for MP3.dll The MO3 demo period may have expired."

I have reinstalled protools without effect.

Any help would be appreciated as I need this option ASAP! :)
Old 05-11-2011, 03:09 PM

Default Re: Can't Authorize MP3 Option

HOW CAN I REAUTHORIZE MY MP3 OPTION ON PT8 ?

I also bought mp3 option not recently, but i could not find a proper link or any info about how to authorize it for PT8. Should I gess ?

A probable reason why i cannot find the information, is the astonishing way digidesign people have the strange habit not to give links to proper information pages, but send you back down to avid shop home page.
Just as if I'd ask my way to the next town and everybody arround always answers to me : "Go to the shop, everything's there, to the shop you stupid !"

odd isn't it ?
Old 09-29-2011, 09:29 PM

Did anyone get an answer to this one? I am having the same problem. I upgraded my system from Tiger to Snow Leopard, then Protools 7 with a Music Production Tool Kit to Protools 8.0.5, and I can't bounce an mp3. http://duc.avid.com/images/smilies/mad.gif

When I try, I get an error message "The MP3 option cannot be enabled because Module initialization failed for MP3 bundle. The MP3 demo period may have expired."

Last edited by faultyrec1; 09-29-2011 at 09:35 PM. Reason: More information
Old 09-30-2011, 08:42 AM

OK, after spending days searching for the answer on this site, the closest thing to an answer I found was a page that said to use an installer for the original [paraphrased] "Music Production Toolkit for 7.x and 8 (the link is at the bottom of the page)"

Of course, the link at the bottom of the page just went to a generic 'downloads' page, and was no help.

I happened to have a physical installation of Music Production Tool Kit in my collection, but I thought I had read it was no longer necessary with Protools 8. Just for grins, I installed the old MPTK and now am able to bounce MP3's using Protools 8.

Hope this helps.