Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 02-19-2019, 02:24 PM

Default anyone use IK master match ?

I have not used it yet but trying to understand is it like a brick wall or limiter? Supposes to use stand alone or in a DAW.. it says use in the final part of your chain? I thought it was used a solo plug in? DO you use it with other plug ins or by it self?
Old 02-20-2019, 03:09 AM

Default Re: anyone use IK master match ?

it´s a kind of EQ matching plugin. Choose a source, MM will analyse it and puts its "signature" onto the file you wish to sound like the source.
MacBook Pro i7 Quad 2.6GHz 16GB RAM
ProTools 2020.11
Avid S1
Avid Dock
Avid Control
Digidesign Command|8
macOS Catalina
MOTU 4pre
MOTU Track16
Axiom Pro 25
LinnStrument 128
Roli Seaboard Block

tons of stomp boxes
tube amps
guitars
noise
Old 02-20-2019, 08:44 AM

I get it,, so it is more of really a reference tool not so much a mastering tool
Old 02-20-2019, 09:31 AM
IK Multimedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzerboy View Post
I get it,, so it is more of really a reference tool not so much a mastering tool
It uses reference tracks to create and apply a match for the source/reference. You can also match the curve with your own choice of plugins if you wish. The steps to use Master Match are covered in this video: https://youtu.be/uvggfgO9ixs

Edit: This video also covers using Master Match to hone your skills by replicating the changes it creates using your choice of plugins: https://youtu.be/72w5FqUJPz4

From the latter video description:
Quote:
Additionally, the Master Match can provide its magic either by being used as a fully automatic processor, or alternatively it can be used as your personal audio engineer assistant, since you can look at the suggestion it gives, and then you the have freedom to apply those by yourself using the T-RackS 5 tools you prefer. In this way, Master Match can also become an invaluable tool that will help you improve your mixing and mastering skills.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:12 PM

Thanks,, for the information
Old 03-06-2019, 02:19 AM

I use it as kind of a research tool. Generally, to understand the tonality of the song I’m mixing and the reference tracks I’m interested in. It’ll of course tell us what the difference is. Then I’ll use that information to help me to quickly target specific frequency bands.

It’s other purpose is like a “second opinion” so I’ll refer to it if I’m in need of another perspective.

I think it’s a great tool though. I only just wish it’s additional eq band facility was a bit better implemented.