Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software

Old 06-28-2008, 07:19 PM

Default Mix farm pci bridge???

Hello..

Im trying to make work a mix farm card in my protools 24 system(d24 and DSP farm,in a mac G4 533ghz single processor,1gb ram,OSX 10.3.9)I put the cards connected i all the possibles forms but dont recognize the system.(the d24 and dsp farm work well,but the system enhanced with the mix,no)
In the system profiler in mac,the mix farm card appears like PCI BRIDGE,i dont understand what means.My system start in the slot 2,because the #1 is busy with the video card and i see a different kind of connector in that slot...

Somebody can help me Please??????
Old 06-28-2008, 10:09 PM

Default Re: Mix farm pci bridge???

Is the Mix Farm in the first PCI slot?
Im not sure why it isn't working if it is, What does Digitest say?
Also, you want to connect the main interface to the Mix Farm in this configuration...
Old 06-29-2008, 09:21 AM

Hello....thanks for your answer....i have the video card in the 1st slot....all my setup is starting 2nd slot,because the first slot have a different connector*i dont know why*()....how can i run the digitest????do you know what means PCI BRIDGE in the system profiler???when
i connect the mix farm,is that the message iin the system profiler,and if i open the computer,can i see only the green ligth blink in the card,but the others(d24 and DSP farm) have red and greens ligths.....

Please help me/....
Old 06-29-2008, 01:38 PM

What version of Pro Tools are you running?
D-24 systems are only supported up to 10.2 and Pro Tools 6.1.
And also, D-24 systems are unsupported/untested on OSX and Pro Tools 10.3/6.4.1 (this may be your source of trouble)

Do you have OS9 loaded on your mac? And do you have Pro Tools 5.1.xx?
I have only ran this configuration in OS9.

Have a look at this:

Digidesign Product Compatibility Document
Old 08-29-2008, 10:54 AM

I had once a D24 with mix farm on os X.3.9 and PT 6.4.1, but I'm not sure I'll advice anyone to try it: the D24 was burned after 2 months in this configuration !!!

I have no proof that the D24 was damaged because of that, of course. Anyway, I guess it's better to stick on os 9 and PT 5.1.3 than trying to work on Os X.2 and PT6.1 with such setup.

my 2 centavos.