Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 12-23-2007, 08:02 PM

Default Finally Bought Logic

I am a longtime LE user and had been thinking about buying Logic for many many years. I recently purchased Logic Studio (8) and am loving it so far. I am creating more music than usual (and faster). Very very happy so far.

It's great to have all this competition in DAW land cause it keeps these companies on their toes.

Looking forward to what Digi, Apple and everyone else come up with in the years to come.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:32 PM

Default Re: Finally Bought Logic

Quote:
I am creating more music than usual (and faster). Very very happy so far.
Hmm. I've said those exact words, but with regards to the Pro Tools 7 updates. However, I don't think my statement fits in a Logic forum.

Old 12-24-2007, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I am creating more music than usual (and faster). Very very happy so far.
Hmm. I've said those exact words, but with regards to the Pro Tools 7 updates. However, I don't think my statement fits in a Logic forum.
No, I specifically put it here because I have seen plenty of people here using LE that are also curious about Logic.

For instance:

Logic And Pro Tools
Old 12-24-2007, 05:10 AM

Quote:
However, I don't think my statement fits in a Logic forum.
I'm surprised Digidesign even tolerates Logic comparisons these days. They never used to. Going back 5 or more years and it was a sure as hell way of getting one's thread deleted and DUC membership at risk of being banned.
Old 12-24-2007, 05:12 AM

Quote:
I am a longtime LE user and had been thinking about buying Logic for many many years. I recently purchased Logic Studio (8) and am loving it so far. I am creating more music than usual (and faster). Very very happy so far.
Could your productivity spurt be due to pouring a heap of change at another app?

Or are there really clear cut streamlined efficiencies in the other application?

Seriously, how more streamlined can it get?
Old 12-24-2007, 06:22 AM

Quote:
No, I specifically put it here because I have seen plenty of people here using LE that are also curious about Logic.

For instance:

Logic And Pro Tools
Shouldn't people curious about Logic visit Logic forums and post their PT questions in DUC? However, I'm not a moderator, neither am I trying to be a nuisance ... just one man's opinion.

Old 12-24-2007, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Quote:
However, I don't think my statement fits in a Logic forum.
I'm surprised Digidesign even tolerates Logic comparisons these days. They never used to. Going back 5 or more years and it was a sure as hell way of getting one's thread deleted and DUC membership at risk of being banned.
Firstly, I am not saying anything negative about Pro Tools in my post. Secondly, when people make comparisons here of Pro Tools and Logic (or any other DAW for that matter) it gives Digi an extremely valuable perspective on features their user base may want/need/have to have that they can later incorporate into Pro Tools.

Just good business.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Quote:

For instance:

Logic And Pro Tools
Shouldn't people curious about Logic visit Logic forums and post their PT questions in DUC? However, I'm not a moderator, neither am I trying to be a nuisance ... just one man's opinion.
Maybe, but I've seen a lot of curious people here talking about Logic over the years.

If the moderators did have a concern I hope they will let me know.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:33 PM

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Quote:

For instance:

Logic And Pro Tools

Have you heard of free speech? I think it does apply here also!
Old 12-24-2007, 12:41 PM

ive also just bought logic. its been about a month now and here are some observations. logic on the creative side is easier and nicer to get around for me. audio editing is easier for me on pt. however, it only been a month..............im sure the new toy has something to do with it....