Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 08-01-2009, 02:32 PM

Default iLok auth?

How to get iLok auth renewed?

My system hard disk blew up. I got PTLE7.3 and then 7.4 reloaded. Tried loading project but some plugins missing, sansamp, joemeek, etc. A posting here helped me find them on the 7.3 install CD (thx Spkguitar). Now iLok won't auth.

During launch of 7.4 is sees bombfactory and says no iLok auth. I try auto auth via internet but iut eventually errors out with a page not found.

How to gert iLok auth renewed?
Old 08-01-2009, 03:52 PM

Default Re: iLok auth?

A failed harddrive should not have effected your iLok, unless you had some sort of power surge event you haven't mentioned that fried your device.
Have you tried multiple USB ports?
Go to www.ilok.com, log into your account and check the contents/status of your iLok.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:52 AM

The iLok device seems operational just somehow says it needs an authorization code.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:21 AM

That isn't really the whole story. It says Bomb Factory WHAT? (There's LOTS of different Bomb Factory plugins.)
The iLok device seems operational
Based on.....?
Is the green LED on? Are there other plugin authorizations on your I lok that DO work?
HAve you re-synchronized your I-lok on the I-lok web page? Once you do that you can click the "what's on my I-lok" button and see which authorizations are actually on it.
Now the Joe Meek part. EQ, comp, or both? And did you get them individually the first time as a "Joe Meek Bundle"? 'Cuz a Joe Meek Bundle authorization won't work if you bought the two plugins separately, and vice versa. (Odd, I know, but it's just how it works...) What you need to do in this case is either go back to your original installer for those plugins OR see if you can find the download page on the Digi site that offers them separately.
This of course depends on how they were authorized in the first place, and once you take a look at "What's on my I-lok" you should have an answer.