Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2019, 04:30 PM

Default Re: Heat + Complete Plugin Bundle for all subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
So what are you actually whining about?.... if you don’t like HEAT and you feel there are better options go knock yourself out if you are 100% or primarily working with VI’s why would you be using PT in the first place

To me HEAT is just another tool along with half a dozen or so others in a similar category. Btw, talking down to others just makes you look like an idiot.
Giving more context is not whining or talking down to people. HEAT is an expensive, old plugin that's integrated but needlessly limited to audio tracks. There's nothing condescending about questioning its integration which turns out to be limited and tedious for much of modern music-making with VIs. "Then go use Logic" is one answer (and done by enough people that it's a "thing" to use both or abandon PT altogether), though I doubt Avid is particularly proud of that. lol Waves NLS is another viable route, perhaps more efficient for those using only PT and working with VIs.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:50 AM

Default No HEAT on HD Native!!!

Is anybody able to explain how a colleague of mine - a monthly subscriber to Pro Tools Native (£348 per annum) - has a HEAT licence code included yet I - a long time HD Native Perpetual subscriber (£380 per annum) - DOES NOT???
Old 10-11-2019, 01:15 PM

Default Re: No HEAT on HD Native!!!

Hmmm...

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=405682

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-11-2019, 01:18 PM

Contact support. If you are a rental subscriber it should be included for Ultimate IIRC.
If you are a perpetual license holder it is not.
But they have been very bad at getting the licenses out -- so you probably need to contact them.
You've combined both "perpetual" and "subscriber" in your description. So no idea which you have -- it has to be one or the other. Perpetual holders buy update/support plans not subscriptions. For them Heat is $199 now.
Old 10-11-2019, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Contact support. If you are a rental subscriber it should be included for Ultimate IIRC.
If you are a perpetual license holder it is not.
But they have been very bad at getting the licenses out -- so you probably need to contact them.
You've combined both "perpetual" and "subscriber" in your description. So no idea which you have -- it has to be one or the other. Perpetual holders buy update/support plans not subscriptions. For them Heat is $199 now.

Pointless contacting support. He said he owns a perpetual license which as you pointed out and the countless posts in the thread I linked show, he doesn’t get it for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-11-2019, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post

Thanks!!!

Not sure why I was surprised....
Old 06-29-2021, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaynedelario View Post
Anyone have a link to this announcement? From what I gather here, we as Ultimate perpetual users won't get this upgrade even if we have a current support plan that costs $400 a year? Nice.

I contacted Avid about their HEAT discrimination, but received no reply. It makes no sense to me. Ultimate Perpetual “Owners” pay ten times the cost of Vanilla up front, for the right to own our software. We purchase the Complete Plugin Bundle with those update plans, just like subscribers do with their subscriptions.

We also pay $399 per year for updates and support, which is currently twice the cost of an entire vanilla subscription. They get perks, discounts, HEAT, but we don’t?

The message AVID is sending perpetual owners, is “Sorry suckers!” Perpetual update fees, no reinstatements, no perks, no HEAT, no mercy, and absolutely no refunds! What exactly did we pay upwards of $2500 for?

We own the exact same software Ultimate subscribers “Rent” but we are essentially treated like the bottom of the barrel, because we won’t relinquish our perpetual licenses in exchange for a subscription. Ultimate subscribers get HEAT. Ultimate Perpetual don’t get HEAT.

It sounds like perpetual owners were sold a phony bill of goods.
What is the benefit of paying upwards of $2500 for the perpetual software, if owners are forced to pay for update and support plans that cost more than a subscription?

Hey, but we can surrender our licenses in exchange for a subscription that costs $200 per year more than the update plan we currently pay for.

From the minute we drop the update and support racket that everyone else gets for free, Pro Tools will only continue to work if we remain frozen in time, and never update our computer operating system. The moment we do, Pro Pro Tools stops working. Imagine paying $4000 for a new laptop, that you can never update for as long as you want to use Pro Tools perpetual license without paying through the nose for support and updates everyone else gets for free.

Instead of treating perpetual owners like bottom feeders, perhaps Avid might want to consider the following:

OS compatibility updates are typically at least one year behind any Apple OS release. It is typical for Avid users to run computers at least one or two full OS updates behind, because of severe incompatibility issues with Pro Tools. Some perpetual users still use Mojave, because of ongoing issues with Catalina and Big Sur.

Instead of forcing perpetual users into an annual update and support plans that rarely deliver on time, or as promised; perhaps it makes sense to allow perpetual users to update when OS compatibility becomes available.

Perhaps allowing perpetual users to update whenever they want, would make more sense than the current Avid business model, which is to completely abandon anyone who doesn’t feel like they are getting their money’s worth out of the support and update racket.
Old 06-29-2021, 09:40 AM

Default Re: Heat + Complete Plugin Bundle for Subscriptions

Where Are My Avid Complete Plug-In Bundle and HEAT Licenses?
https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...e-HEAT-License

I agree it’s a shame that Heat’s now used as a carrot …

So I stumped up:
HEAT Perpetual - US$199
https://shop.avid.com/ccrz__ProductD...0&cclcl=en_US&

Sometimes the view does justify the steep climb
Lost count of the $200s I've kissed goodbye - let alone the dimes!
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 06-30-2021, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrek View Post
I contacted Avid about their HEAT discrimination, but received no reply. It makes no sense to me. Ultimate Perpetual “Owners” pay ten times the cost of Vanilla up front, for the right to own our software. We purchase the Complete Plugin Bundle with those update plans, just like subscribers do with their subscriptions.

We also pay $399 per year for updates and support, which is currently twice the cost of an entire vanilla subscription. They get perks, discounts, HEAT, but we don’t?

The message AVID is sending perpetual owners, is “Sorry suckers!” Perpetual update fees, no reinstatements, no perks, no HEAT, no mercy, and absolutely no refunds! What exactly did we pay upwards of $2500 for?

We own the exact same software Ultimate subscribers “Rent” but we are essentially treated like the bottom of the barrel, because we won’t relinquish our perpetual licenses in exchange for a subscription. Ultimate subscribers get HEAT. Ultimate Perpetual don’t get HEAT.

It sounds like perpetual owners were sold a phony bill of goods.
What is the benefit of paying upwards of $2500 for the perpetual software, if owners are forced to pay for update and support plans that cost more than a subscription?

Hey, but we can surrender our licenses in exchange for a subscription that costs $200 per year more than the update plan we currently pay for.

From the minute we drop the update and support racket that everyone else gets for free, Pro Tools will only continue to work if we remain frozen in time, and never update our computer operating system. The moment we do, Pro Pro Tools stops working. Imagine paying $4000 for a new laptop, that you can never update for as long as you want to use Pro Tools perpetual license without paying through the nose for support and updates everyone else gets for free.

Instead of treating perpetual owners like bottom feeders, perhaps Avid might want to consider the following:

OS compatibility updates are typically at least one year behind any Apple OS release. It is typical for Avid users to run computers at least one or two full OS updates behind, because of severe incompatibility issues with Pro Tools. Some perpetual users still use Mojave, because of ongoing issues with Catalina and Big Sur.

Instead of forcing perpetual users into an annual update and support plans that rarely deliver on time, or as promised; perhaps it makes sense to allow perpetual users to update when OS compatibility becomes available.

Perhaps allowing perpetual users to update whenever they want, would make more sense than the current Avid business model, which is to completely abandon anyone who doesn’t feel like they are getting their money’s worth out of the support and update racket.
Well written!