Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 01-21-2017, 04:07 AM

Default Re: DAE ERROR 6 - Any help will be appreciated!!

I also have error 6 sometimes. For me the solution is, as recommended in a thread here on the DUC, deleting the wavecache file in the session folder.

Worth a try, I guess.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:58 AM

thanks for that suggestion, but unfortunately no luck, still the same, I am actually backed in to a corner and a delivery deadline looming, I may have to go back and start again probably in studio one which is going to be a major pain as I am just doing final tweaks now on a project started back in october last year
Old 01-23-2017, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCM View Post
I also have error 6 sometimes. For me the solution is, as recommended in a thread here on the DUC, deleting the wavecache file in the session folder.

Worth a try, I guess.
This worked for me.
Old 01-23-2017, 05:42 PM

I actually found a corrupted file in the session that when I consolidated it the problem went away for now, I had to make all the tracks inactive one by one, it would be on a session where I had over a hundred tracks running so relieved to get the mix finished though, it has been going on for a couple of weeks, I havent been mixing the track for that long, just tweak cycles in between other sessions :)
I still have other sessions with the same issue so I am going to look for bad files in them, not convinced its over but all good for today :)
Old 01-24-2017, 07:37 PM

I had this error a while ago (actually AAE Error 6) so check this thread for some other thoughts: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t...ight=AAE+Error
Old 01-25-2017, 04:50 PM

I had this problem, exactly as you described it, about a year-and-a-half ago. Drove me crazy, and, alas, its a short drive. It turned out to be a disk error, or rather, a disk connection fault error.

Get Acronis Drive Monitor

http://www.acronis.com/en-us/homecom...drive-monitor/

or any of the other SMART data readers. SMART (Self-monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology) is a built into most all hard drives these days and reports a lot of disk performance parameters. It's used primarily in data centers to help predict when a drive is about to go south so it can be swapped out. I found that the drive I was using that was generating all the DAE Error 6's was seeing high levels of "UltraDMA CRC Error Count", while all my other disks were seeing zero of these errors. DMA (Direct Memory Access) is the way fast transfers are made between a disk drive and RAM in a computer. I was able to re-seat all the SATA connector in the cable between the drive and the mother board and the problem went away. I discovered some other things with the SMART reader also, such as one of the drives I had bought inexpensively had over 30,000 hours, over 3 years, of run time on it when I bought it. Apparently when large data centers swap out drives to get new technology, they resell used drives that are functioning well. The only way to find this stuff is with a SMART reader program.
Good luck.