Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 01-19-2019, 07:09 PM

Default iLok License Issue

Hey all....

Don't laugh at the below post, I just need some help in getting my old system back up and running.

I have a very old (but modded) Digi002 Factory Rack (!!) and it still works wonders for me.

However, upon doing a a fresh install last night, my hard drive kicked the bucket moments after initializing my iLok Licenses onto the hard drive (which I have only just found out I should have never ever done!!!!)

So, I am now left with 5 Licenses I can no longer use for PT 7.4 or 8.0.5

These are:

Tel-Ray Variable Delay
Joe Meek VC5 Meequalizer
Joe Meek SC2 Compressor
Bomb Factory BF-3A
BF Voce Bundle

How this happened, was I was trying to activate the license from my 7.4 versions and it wouldn't recognize the plugs in 8.0.5 - which is odd, because it worked on my previous system. It wasn't recognizing the licenses from the lock, so I thought I would try the licenses on the local HD instead. Upon reboot, my system failed and drive crashed - unrecoverable.

I was able to resort back to a mirror image of the drive - but even those the computer name is the same, the "location" for the Licenses can not be found and both :locations" show up in the iLok Manager (albeit the one with the 5 is greyed out)

So now I am left without 5 plugins, despite the iLok manager telling me I have only used 1/3 activations for those 5, I can not do anything with them.

I am also not a paid support member (my studio is is a demo studio for myself and never had a hiccup since 2007!) and I can find no info anywhere on how I can re-activate these 5 licenses.

Please help. I know the software/plugs are old - so please don't tell me to buy something new.

I Just want these 5 licenses that I paid for long ago, back.

Thanks.
Old 01-19-2019, 07:32 PM

Default Re: iLok License Issue

Your first(next?) step should be to open a support ticket with iLok.com. Its likely that they are the only ones that can help on this one. Having said that, having been using Pro Tools since version 6.1, you really should consider a major upgrade(IOW, drag yourself into the here and now). You are missing out on way too many features to even list! Plus, as long as you have an approved firewire card(or Thunderbolt adapters for Mac), the old 002 will still work As for the lost plugins....I wouldn't lose much sleep if they can't be retrieved as there are so many great plugins available(and at very reasonable prices), I would take it as a sign to move on

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-19-2019, 11:17 PM

Default Re: iLok License Issue

Thanks for the tip.

I have sent in a request to iLok for assistance. I am hoping some help can be made.

I am very much aware of the new PT systems and use many of them at various studios.

This is just a small, hobby machine - however it is one that has many sessions done on it utilizing those plugs. They were purchased with the rack and thus I shouldn’t have to forfeit what I paid for, simply because it is “older”

Let’s hope I can get some answers and help soon as I have some archiving of these old sessions to do. ;-)