Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 04-01-2010, 02:07 AM

Default "conform to tempo" always grayed out??

Hi guys, I don't know what the issue is here but I'm hoping it's an easy fix. I've been all over the user manuals, the internet, etc. but can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Even when elastic audio is on, set to ticks, grid mode selected, region selected, the conform to tempo option is ALWAYS grayed out. I've been through all the EA settings and they're all like the manual says they should be. I've started new sessions, worked with old sessions, etc. Nothing makes the "conform to tempo" option available to me.

All i want to do is import a pre-existing recording (.wav) that is mostly 165 bpm conform to a 165bpm click track so that I can use it as a template for recording on top of it. It doesn't matter to me if the track sounds like crap from an audio perspective, I just need the tempos to match up!

HELP!
Old 04-01-2010, 07:37 AM

Default Re: "conform to tempo" always grayed out??

Quote:
that is mostly 165 bpm
Protools does not always figure out the tempo correctly. It could be that it is just not working on the audio you are trying to process. From the Manual:

Quote:
Pro Tools analyzes the region’s entire file for Elastic Audio events and tempo. If a tempo is detected, and a duration in bars and beats is determined, the region conforms automatically to the session tempo. If a tempo and duration is not detected (such as with a region that is a single drum hit or with a long region with no clear tempo), the region is not conformed to the ses- sion tempo.
Navigate to your audio file with the workspace browser. When you preview a file, the browser can first do an EA analysis to see what tempo it figures out. See the chapter "Digibase" in the reference guide for details.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:01 AM

Default Re: "conform to tempo" always grayed out??

The track I'm trying to conform to tempo is a rock song with guitars and a clear 4/4 rock beat. I've been watching tutorials and they all seem to be doing the same thing I would like to do. I just don't know what it takes to get the "conform to tempo" option to be active for me to click on it. No matter what I do- on other sessions as well- that option is always grayed out although the EA settings are in place.