Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2003, 06:52 AM

Default having trouble doing reverse vocal swell effect

I took a vocal phrase and put a nice big reverb on it so that I can create a dramatic reverse vocal swell. I then used the Audiosuite reverse plugin to flip it. For some reason though, the plugin doesn't seem to be grabbing the reverb tail. Instead, it is just reversing the original "dry" vocal phrase.

FWIW, I used an RTAS reverb, therefore you don't actually see the wave form of the reverb tail. Should I have used an Audiosuite reverb instead, thus permanently altering the track and allowing me to see the entire wave of the tail, which could then be hilighted and reversed?

Thanks
Old 11-06-2003, 07:22 AM

Default Re: having trouble doing reverse vocal swell effect

If you want the reverb tail that would follow the non-reversed audio to also be reversed (and therefore preceding the reversed audio), you have to audiosuite the reverb to the non-reversed audio, and then reverse. RTAS plugs are going to operate "left to right" on any audio in the track. The plug can't assume that because you reversed some audio in the track that it should reverse the plug for that section as well -- what if you didn't want it to do that but instead wanted a normal reverb on the reversed audio?
Old 11-06-2003, 07:53 AM

Default Re: having trouble doing reverse vocal swell effect

okay, thanks... that's kinda what I thought. I didn't realize it until this morning, and I'm at work now so I won't even be able to try this out until tonight when I get home... so at least now I know what to do.

Thanks for the verification!