Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 04-22-2016, 05:00 AM

Default Pro Tools 11 Issues,

Hey all Im an engineer at a large facility in my State, so Im no noob..... been around for 22 years doing it, Running Pro Tools HD in our A Room and Pt10-12 in our B room. primarily on Mac.....But this is for a friends place Im helping him get going in his home.....I have a PT11 issue that's recently become an issue, I don't know how or what caused it.....Firstly I'm on a windows system, windows 7 soon to be leaving this world.....64 bit architecture, 4gb Ram 1 tb HDD.....I get an elastic audio error, Dll missing error constantly....The dll doesn't exist anywhere.....that's number 1......number 2:.....

I'm using a presonus audiobox1818VSL as an interface and I am using line out into central station using balanced cables and I'm getting a -12db loss in output ...I'm getting same if I use the main out as well ....at my HS8's!.... and also only have 8 busses available and when changing. I/O and select default nothing changes its a full PT install, I should have more than that .....

Next and Final issue, I recently installed OHMicide AAX plugin version and it crashes protools when opening plugin.... Any help would be awesome, Thank you.....JF

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2016, 05:19 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 Issues,

Are the xlr cables wired correctly? Been the victim of quite a few that were improperly wired. Try changing them and see what happens.

As to the errors PT11 really likes to see 8 gig; that 4 gig is minimal. 1 TB hdd - is that your system drive or recording drive? I'm assuming you have a separate drive for PT to record to and that it doesn't go to sleep.

Your writing is a bit confusing; you say this is for a friend but you also talk in the first person like it's your system. Which is it? Makes iot hard to follow.

QAPLA!
Old 04-22-2016, 05:41 AM

It is for a friend ....But I wrote it while in front of it....sorry for the writing I caught that as well .... Because I was the one charged with this unfortunate task of getting it functioning.....as for the HDD it is the system drive ...Yes it runs external only for recording and it does not sleep, as for XLR into the HS8'S they are not a custom cable , and were bought at GC in a pinch, They are mogami, I can see one maybe wired incorrectly giving me an output gain issue on one side but both seems unlikely, I will check that first...The bussing issue is of great concern as well Unless its a limitation of the Presonus interface, thank you for your help....

Old 04-22-2016, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boothorama View Post
It is for a friend ....But I wrote it while in front of it....sorry for the writing I caught that as well .... Because I was the one charged with this unfortunate task of getting it functioning.....as for the HDD it is the system drive ...Yes it runs external only for recording and it does not sleep, as for XLR into the HS8'S they are not a custom cable , and were bought at GC in a pinch, They are mogami, I can see one maybe wired incorrectly giving me an output gain issue on one side but both seems unlikely, I will check that first...The bussing issue is of great concern as well Unless its a limitation of the Presonus interface, thank you for your help....

The Mogami's should be stellar. Sorry if I implied yours were custom made but like I said I've had quite a few purchased at the local GC that were wired wrong. If you have a dmm check to see that neither of the signal pins on the xlr's are tied to ground.

The interface shouldn't be an issue unless it has a fatal flaw and I doubt that but you never know. Static discharge can do all sorts of weird things; it can be below the threshold one feels it but can still damage the electronics. Can you plug a set of known good headphones into the interface and see if that's okay? If it is then PT can be ruled out of the scene.

QAPLA!
Old 04-22-2016, 01:29 PM

I say default the io on the Presonus box. That should fix your buss issues.

Also check the max db output of the Presonus box....maybe that's all it has got to give....or it may be broke
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 04-24-2016, 08:18 AM

Bussing Issue is I only have 8.... only using presonus as a way into Protools I didnt think the bussing was the function of the interface that's usually the internal function of the DAW, I select default in the IO and get only 8 My PT Rig at my Studio has 128 busses But we are also using The 192's running 10 .....The Level on Presonus you know I never thought about that maybe its all it has .....I did swap balanced for standard fare Guitar cables and saw no difference between output using balanced cables .....so Om leaning toward the mis wired Balanced ....I also bypassed presonus and went from my phone directly into HS8 and out put was stellar....so that leads me also toward Presonus output gain .....I cant see how or why they woukd sell it as a pro box at GC Pro if its consumer grade output....We usually are at +10 db for most pro gear....consumer is usually at -4 I am seeing the Led on my Central were not calibrated I took care of that and the meters match but The Volume seems to be so lackluster compared to the Demo Room at GC Pro when we bought the HS 8 ....thanks for the suggestions ill keep checking Back...But tomorrow I call presonus!

Old 04-24-2016, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
The Mogami's should be stellar. Sorry if I implied yours were custom made but like I said I've had quite a few purchased at the local GC that were wired wrong. If you have a dmm check to see that neither of the signal pins on the xlr's are tied to ground.

The interface shouldn't be an issue unless it has a fatal flaw and I doubt that but you never know. Static discharge can do all sorts of weird things; it can be below the threshold one feels it but can still damage the electronics. Can you plug a set of known good headphones into the interface and see if that's okay? If it is then PT can be ruled out of the scene.
I will do that With the Headphones. on the interface ...I never thought about checking that on the interface we have a separate cue we use on the central station which is fed from the line outs of 1818vsl and the output to Headphones is very loud...so Its looking more like the 1818VSL is not the issue GC was out of Balanced Mogamis Yesterday so I am stuck another day with the Live wire ...lol

Old 04-24-2016, 08:33 AM

You also should be able to create all the busses you need......in the io window
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.