Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2015, 06:42 PM

Default UA Apollo Quad/Firewire -I/O inputs not in Pro Tools.. tried PT mode..

pt11 - Installed apollo software as instructed.. opened console settings, selected Pro Tools mode.. pro tools still had old I/O.. nothing regarding Apollo.
I read if hit "default" on all the pages of I/O it would help.
I did this, and it immediately did add lots of apollo I/Os.. but still missing the main Mon L/R out, which is how it's hooked up.

On top of this in playback engine, 512 samples as the only option? This can't be right according to the videos I've seen on this gear?

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!
Old 11-15-2015, 06:54 PM

Default Re: UA Apollo Quad/Firewire -I/O inputs not in Pro Tools.. tried PT mode..

Go to Setup>Hardware and select the Apollo to be the audio engine. Then return to the IO setup and default inputs and outputs.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-15-2015, 07:13 PM

Default Re: UA Apollo Quad/Firewire -I/O inputs not in Pro Tools.. tried PT mode..

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes, I have it already selected as my hardware. This is why I'm curious why I only have 512 option in playback engine buffer.. and I've done the default I/O and it shows me all inputs but -not- the MON L/R one.. Instead I have an Analog 1-2 and no sound.. It's communicating with the Apollo because I can plug in headphones and hear it fine.. but there is no sound routing from MON L/R output to Pro Tools.. it doesn't have that output as an option.. though again seemingly all other Apollo I/O's are visible but that one.
screenshot attached
Attached Images
File Type: jpg io.jpg (49.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-15-2015, 07:17 PM

ahhh.. one sec! I've just DELETED all the I/O then hit default and the MON L/R appears.. I still don't hear sound.. which may be another issue.. but at least I have it routing and showing up in PT... but again, no clue why my buffer is 512 only... I thought this let you get super low buffer settings?
Old 11-16-2015, 11:43 AM

If I remember correctly, there was some strange quirk in the way that the Apollo Windows drivers were implemented that wouldn't allow you to change the buffer size from within PT. You have to close Pro Tools, open the Apollo Console Settings and change the buffer size there. Then when you restart PT, you should see the new buffer size.

System Details
Old 12-01-2015, 04:45 AM

m using "UAD APOLLO QUAD" in Windows as the main interface.
a few problems I have encountered that does not seem to appear in a Mac

1. CHANGING THE BUFFER SIZE.
You cannot change the buffer within Pro Tools.
You will need to Exit Pro Tools. Then change the buffer with in the UAD Console.
Then relaunch Pro tools

2. CHANGING SAMPLE RATES Since PT12.
Almost the same proceedure as above.

i have been on the Universal Audio Forums and they stated that all the above
only happens in the Windows platform.
My OS is Win 7 Sp1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PRO TOOLS.jpg (39.5 KB, 0 views)