Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2015, 05:13 PM

Default iLok Licenses from old Digidesign Music Production Toolkit?

Hello, its been awhile since I've visited the forum. However recently my Digi 003 rack and my computer with my iLok were all stolen from my vehicle between transporting my studio from one location to another. Ultra bummer. However I have a new computer and new to me Digi 003 on the way to me. However, my only concern is that when I originally purchased Pro Tools v7 back in 2008 I also purchased the Music Production Toolkit (expanded music tools). I am about to submit an RMA for my stolen iLok, but I unfortunately did not have my server option enabled to back up my licenses automatically. So instructions say I must contact the writers of the licenses. In this case Digidesign whom have since been purchased by Avid. So who do I contact, and, how is the best way to go about getting into contact? Phone, email, etc. Also, if anyone has any experience with this what will I need? I have an active iLok account which provides all the plugins it authorized. I still have the box for the toolkit... anything else? Thanks for your help!
Old 06-23-2015, 08:24 PM

Default Re: iLok Licenses from old Digidesign Music Production Toolkit?

a) Digi was bought and by Avid in the mid 90s
b) a new computer will not run any of the versions of software that v7 did and new versions of Pro Tools have many of the Tool Kit features rolled in and Tool Kits are DOA
c) a new 003, why

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 06-23-2015, 08:30 PM

Default Re: iLok Licenses from old Digidesign Music Production Toolkit?

Sorry to hear that happened to you!

For licenses, please follow the steps in the "Stolen iLoks" section of http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/f...en-iLok-Policy