Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2013, 09:24 AM

Default No sound from my computer speakers with Pro Tools 9

Hello. I just recently installed Pro Tools HD9 on my iMac. After a few tries i successfully connected my Saffire 6 USB audio interface with Pro Tools by going to setup>playback engine and changing the "current engine" to Saffire 6.
This however resulted in total silence! I can record sounds through the interface, but I can't hear them! I didn't change the output!!
Before successfully connecting the audio interface i tried recording with the built in microphone, and i could hear the sounds playing back to me just fine! Did I do something wrong? Does anybody know how to fix this? I'm a TOTAL Pro Tools-newbie so I'm sorry if this is a dumb question...! Thanks in advance!
Old 05-28-2013, 09:38 AM

Default Re: No sound from my computer speakers with Pro Tools 9

PLEASE never mind this! I got it figured out! The audio interface works as the output aswell, plugged my speakers into the interface and got it working! Strange how I've been trying to figure it out for so long and the moment I post a question here I finally figure it out! This thread can be locked! :)