Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 06-20-2019, 02:50 PM

Default DAPS Audio Bridge Input Limitation

I have a session I am trying to play from my home studio that has objects starting at input 31-60. I can only monitor up to input 32 with DAPS. Is there a quick way I can enable 31-60 and disable other channels. I am trying to leave the session "as is" I don't want to alter anything. I tried turning off the inputs I don't need but that didn't work. Am I correct in thinking that DAPS only utilizes inputs 1-32 and thats it? Are there any work arounds because this is extremely annoying.

Last edited by soundeditor76; 06-20-2019 at 04:08 PM.
Old 06-21-2019, 07:25 AM

Default Re: DAPS Audio Bridge Input Limitation

Instead of using the Dolby Bridge, can you set up the send and receive AUX channels?

Randall

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundeditor76 View Post
I have a session I am trying to play from my home studio that has objects starting at input 31-60. I can only monitor up to input 32 with DAPS. Is there a quick way I can enable 31-60 and disable other channels. I am trying to leave the session "as is" I don't want to alter anything. I tried turning off the inputs I don't need but that didn't work. Am I correct in thinking that DAPS only utilizes inputs 1-32 and thats it? Are there any work arounds because this is extremely annoying.
Denver, CO
Old 06-21-2019, 09:41 AM

Default Re: DAPS Audio Bridge Input Limitation

Yea that's the way I have solved it, just using the send/return, just wish that Dolby Audio Bridge could use more than 32 ins, but I realize this is a Pro Tools limitation on "3rd part hardware" even though its virtual. If I were using Nuendo I would use the Audio Bridge fine.....