Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 03-11-2014, 06:38 AM

Default Automation on hidden tracks in the same Edit Group

Hi,

I have some hidden tracks in the same Edit groups. Each time I want (for example) to automate the volume I have this message :
"There are one or more hidden tracks in the same edit group(s) as the track you are currently editing. Even though these tracks are hidden their automation playlists will also be edited. Are you sure you want to continue with this operation."
Then you can only "CANCEL" or "CONTINUE".

Appart to show hidden tracks is there a workaround to not have this message?

EDIT : Sorry I am on the Pro Tools Post & Surround forum (this is beacause I work in post, I forgot to change the area…). I don't know how to delete this message.

Last edited by yanos; 03-11-2014 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Wrong area
Old 03-11-2014, 07:41 AM

Default Re: Automation on hidden tracks in the same Edit Group

Try checking the box in Preferences/Mixing-Suppress Automation "WriteTo..." Warnings

See if that does it.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:56 AM

Thanks but unfortunately it does not.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:46 AM

Could it be helpful, as a workaround until it is possible to suppress this warning in the prefs,
to not hide any tracks of the group,
arrange the track height of the "unwanted" (the formerly hidden ones) tracks of the group to micro,
the track height of the "wanted" tracks of the group to fill the whole edit window,
hide all other tracks
and save this as a memory location (time properties to none , general properties to track show/hide and track heights) ?

(will not work if there are too many "unwanted" tracks)
Win7 64bit Professional , i7 3930 Hexcore , 48GB Ram , SSD System + SSD PT Session/Audio + SSD Video (all Samsung 840 Evo) + Spinner 1TB Data , 2x Radeon HD 5450 \\ SD 633 Femto MKH8060 MKH8070 MKH30/MKH40 DPA4060
Old 03-13-2014, 07:37 AM

Thanks Joachim, it could be a nice workaround with memory location !
Old 03-13-2014, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanos View Post
Thanks Joachim, it could be a nice workaround with memory location !
For what its worth I reckon there are a bunch of scenarios where it would be nice to be able to reduce track heights to zero -editing groups as you describe and also working with Eucon controllers that will not display hidden tracks of control surface.fficeffice" />>>
>>
Bruno>>
Old 07-10-2019, 06:30 PM

I know this is a super old message thread, but it came up when I did a search on the issue. The solution is to go to the Groups pulldown menu and select 'Suspend All Groups'. This will allow you to make the changes without the warning message.