Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2020, 06:20 AM

Default Artist Channels on Youtube

Hello Guys,

How can I setup an Artist Channel on youtube to post my music ?

Any expert in Music Distribution around here ?

Best

Bechara
macOS 14.4.1
Pro Tools 2024.3.1
Logic Pro X
Reason 12

UA Apollo 8p
Apogee Thunderbridge/Apogee Symphony I/O 2x6
Eleven Rack/Focusrite ISA Two/Onyx 1640i
UAD Satellite Quad
MOOG Mother 32
Nektar Panorama P1
Axiom AIR 49/Axiom 49/Yamaha P35
Fender Mustang/Marshall Amp/Ibanez Pedals/Fender Strat/Yamaha FG820L/Martin DJr10e
Genelec 8040b/Yamaha HS80s/M-Audio BX5a
Beats Solo/Shure SRH1840/Slate VMS

https://open.spotify.com/artist/7KfV..._branch=1&nd=1
Old 04-15-2020, 07:31 PM

Default Re: Artist Channels on Youtube

Couple of months ago I created a YouTube channel for my wife. It’s been quite an education along the way. Obviously if you’re trying to put your music out there on YouTube, there has to be a video associated with it. So you have to put a lot of thought into that. If you’re not familiar with how to use cameras and lighting and editing software for video, you’re gonna have a hard time putting anything out on YouTube this worth watching. To give you some perspective, I started videoing for YouTube less than three months ago, before that I didn’t know the first thing about videography, or editing video or anything like that.

So to give you an idea, just a few days ago I created a video in my studio, showcasing my guitars for a friend that asked me to do it for him. Here’s a link to that video, which I think production wise turned out pretty good. I could’ve done a better job tuning my guitars, and of course I could be a better guitar player, but that’s not the point, this is talking about video.

https://youtu.be/r3RT284eo1w

And in case you’re curious, here’s a link to the YouTube videos I shoot for my wife.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCjL_5...Fyj6T0Q/videos

www.homeschool-today.com
Old 04-16-2020, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoolsLover View Post
Couple of months ago I created a YouTube channel for my wife. It’s been quite an education along the way. Obviously if you’re trying to put your music out there on YouTube, there has to be a video associated with it. So you have to put a lot of thought into that. If you’re not familiar with how to use cameras and lighting and editing software for video, you’re gonna have a hard time putting anything out on YouTube this worth watching. To give you some perspective, I started videoing for YouTube less than three months ago, before that I didn’t know the first thing about videography, or editing video or anything like that.

So to give you an idea, just a few days ago I created a video in my studio, showcasing my guitars for a friend that asked me to do it for him. Here’s a link to that video, which I think production wise turned out pretty good. I could’ve done a better job tuning my guitars, and of course I could be a better guitar player, but that’s not the point, this is talking about video.

https://youtu.be/r3RT284eo1w

And in case you’re curious, here’s a link to the YouTube videos I shoot for my wife.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCjL_5...Fyj6T0Q/videos

www.homeschool-today.com
Caught a few minutes of your first video before YouTube went bananas and don't sell yourself short - you're quite the decent axe slinger for an older fellow Loved your expression when you segues into Crazy Train - nailed the tone

A couple of things for anyone to think about when getting into video - spend big bucks for a decent tripod for the camera - you'll be thankful you did. Don't depend on any anti-vibration/shake mechanisms the camera might have - you shouldn't use those on a tripod anyways. The other is audio. On camera mic audio is okay for background or in these days of social distancing. If you want/need to stay with on-camera micing get a third party mic like one of the Rode mics.

Almost forgot - lighting. I know incandescents can get plenty bright but they also get plenty hot. I've switched over to led bulbs and where I do my thing it's a lot cooler. I learned the hard way shooting videos and taking stills of my train layout when a couple of plastic structures started to soften up.

QAPLA!
Old 04-16-2020, 08:46 AM

For my music "videos", I just used still photos, and had them change every 30 seconds or so. I used Adobe Premiere Elements to import the audio and photos. Then I added some text at the beginning and end of the song. Pretty simple stuff. And the software has a feature that allows the direct exporting of the finished product to your channel.

Here is an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKfoiNr12_Y

Digi 002 rack , Command 8, Behringer ADA 8000, Tascam M-320B Mixer, Alesis Monitor Two Speakers, Vintage and Modern Tube Amps, Fender American Strat, 1973 Gibson SB-450 Bass, Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro, Roland W-30 Keyboard, Preimier XPK Fusion Drum Kit.