Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2021, 01:12 PM

Default question re:inst tracks and ez drummer

I've used EZ Drummer for a long time and what I do is create an instrument track, instantiate EZ Drummer, and then go. today I did that and my track is grayed out. I looked at the drop downs in the inst control section and in the top one which includes commands "All", "Predefined", and in the middle slot has the name of the instantiated instrument- in that middle slot the words are grayed out and they say "EZ Drummer out-n/a because possible feedback loop detected.

Is there some preference or control I need to tick to make this right? I don't quite understand what's happening here. Thanks for your help.
Old 02-12-2021, 04:01 PM

Default Re: question re:inst tracks and ez drummer

Never seen this here. Here are things I would try as solutions:
1-delete the track and make a new one
2-if you have a session with a working EZdrummer track, import that track(Import Session Data) and make sure to uncheck things like tempo, markers and media(so they don't bring in useless midi or markers and don't change the tempo, which you can change back as long as you see it happened)
3-if either of these efforts get you back to working, save it as a Track Preset for future recall(instead of going with a new blank track and adding the plugins).

What CAN cause this to happen? The only thing that comes to mind is if you remove the instrument plugin(which will dump the assignment) and then add it back(or going with a different VI plugin), that usually requires changing the assignment in the INSTRUMENT block which sits at the very top of the MIX window, if you have it set to show(see screen shot red circle if you are new to this)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Instrument setting.jpg (71.6 KB, 0 views)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-13-2021, 12:31 AM

Thanks for your thoughts. I did numbers 2 and 3 and got things to work again. Still have no idea why it did what it did but now I have a work around.

PS I was aware of the instrument block and tried to manipulate things there but couldn't get it to work.
Old 02-13-2021, 03:05 AM

This is a known bug for lots of us VI users. We get this now and then too and we just duolicate the track and delete the oroginal track and get back to work.

Happens like once a week on random Vi tracks and as far as we know here with the studios we work with no one knows why or anoher way to fix it.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 02-13-2021, 12:44 PM

Thanks, I was unaware of this bug. Glad to know it's not something I did/didn't do.