Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Avid Forums - Other Languages > Le Forum en Français

Old 11-08-2010, 12:52 PM

Default Profire lightbridge H/w buffer in PT9

Hi everybody,
can someone answer those simple questions?

1-Is it possible to set the H/w buffer lower than 128 in PT9 when using a Profire Lightbridge to have a decent latency when tracking thru the software.

2-Is it possible to use the "input monitor" button in PT9 HD when using a third party interface (not connected to the hd card) to mute the tracks when doing overdubs with an external mixer.

3-Is it possible to use LLM in PT9 HD Native when using a third party FW interface .

This is my first post here. I've been reading this forum for two years now, waiting for a solution for my "simple" monitoring problem and as usual, I find very dificult to have informations about the most important features that make a software usable or not.

My only wishes for PT9 where :32 samples buffer for my Lightbridge (already working in Logic) or software monitoring On/Off button.

I want to upgrade my system but I wonder if it will cost me 350 or 6000 to have something where I can punch with only one button!

Thanks

Yvessg

P.s: I hope my english is good enough to be understood !
Old 11-10-2010, 02:10 PM

Default Re: Profire lightbridge H/w buffer in PT9

Please !
Old 11-10-2010, 03:04 PM

If you set up the ProFire Lightbridge to use the aggregate devices driver instead of the regular Digi driver you will be able to access the 64 sample latency setting.

As far as I know there is no input monitoring or extra low latency option, but the 64 sample buffer isn't bad at all. The aggregate driver is most likely based on core audio and seems more stable and lower latency than the stock avid option which is probably based on the old m-powered driver.

This is all on my 2009 mac pro so hopefully you have a positive experience also.

Hope this helps!
Jason
Old 11-10-2010, 03:43 PM

Thanks a lot !

I'm coming from a G5 PPC config and until now, everything was working well except the "128 hw buffer /18 tracks/no software monitoring OFF" limitations that forces me to use external monitoring on my DM2000 with all the problems associated.
Now I must buy a new Mac pro to be able to update anything, and maybe a 6000$ HD Native +HD i/o complete monitoring toolkit to do simple tasks like tracking and doing overdubs...

Why not allowing 32 ?(like in logic)

Yvessg
Old 11-15-2010, 02:23 AM

someone knows s/mux is supported on the profire with PT9?
I 'd love to use it with my external converters at 96khz.
max
Old 11-15-2010, 05:39 AM

Hi Yvessg,

I do have 64 samples setup with the Profire Lightbridge on PT9 and it works like a charm. I don't have any issue with monitoring or so... Worst case scenario, I can still Option+K and use Monitoring from the DM1000 directly...

But I didn't feel the need so far to be honest...

[French Version]
Bonjour Yvessg,

J'ai un réglage à 64 samples avec la Profire Lightbridge dans PT9 et cela fonctionne très bien. Je n'ai aucun soucis de monitoring ou autre... Au pire des cas, il est toujours possible d'utiliser Option+K pour utiliser le Monitoring directement à partir de la DM1000...

Cependant, je n'en ai pas senti le besoin pour être honnête...
[/French Version]

@Maxmoche

From what I know, s/mux is supported by the profire, but I haven't tried yet in PT9. I have to test that in the next days :)

Phil