Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2020, 05:07 AM

Default Re: Help! Recovering a project that disappeared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jimmy View Post
Unfortunately I don’t think so. This was logged as a fatal bug. The fix was rushed out in the next release. No one anywhere reported a successful recovery of a lost session.
my luck is that my cache folder had been saved in my icloud drive, so I was able to recover the project data. The issue is that PT can't open/import from it ("session has been created by a newer version of Pro Tools" error message, when I tried the Pro Tools Expert trick). And if I put the project ache back in the PTF cache folder, PTF doesn't see it and there's no way of opening it.

But I'm guessing people over at Avid could convert that PTF project into a PT session for me if I ask nicely ?