Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2020, 11:56 AM

Default PT crashing when processing back fed bus

So, one thing I do every once in a while is to create a send on an aux channel to its own input to create feedback. Also, sometime times I like to process the signal in between the send and the input, so as to pile up the effect every time it loops back. To do so, I create a master track for the bus, and place a plugin (eq, saturation, etc). That used to work great, except for the fact that the delay compensation system is not capable to fully compensate for such a routing scheme, but nevertheless, it worked for me. Now, in the latest versions of Pro Tools, not sure when it started, I cannot do this without PT crashing, the moment I insert a process in the master track. I thought it could be something with the delay compensation freakin out, but turning it off (or bypassing it in the options menu) doesn't seem to make any difference.
Can someone share any light on this matter?