Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2011, 01:44 PM

Default basic MBox Pro connection issues (newbie problem?)

Hi all,
I can't get any signals from my MBox Pro to find their way to PT 9 on my MacBook Pro. The details of my recording rig are in my signature. I downloaded the drivers for the MBox Pro as instructed. The MBox Pro is fine, or at least it's registering the mic input levels when I attempt to record vocals &/or guitar, but the signal isn't making it to the track. The instructions make it seem like I should just be able to plug everything in & go at this stage. Am I missing something? Do I need to do anything more than create an audio track in PT 9?

I am always sure to start up/ shut down in the order described in the manuals.

I have the rig hooked up in the following order: MacBook Pro--OWC external hard drive--MBox Pro.

HELP! Please explain any suggestions as if you were speaking to a 5 year old. (Actually, I'm a 40 year-old with a Ph.D. in the humanities, so, same thing these days.)
Old 03-14-2011, 10:26 PM

Default Re: basic MBox Pro connection issues (newbie problem?)

I have a similar problem. I am having trouble getting any output from the M box mini 3. I have updated pro tools and the m box mini 3 drivers are the most current. I have checked the wiring multiple times and everything seems to be in order, except the sound output. Any ideas?
Old 03-26-2011, 10:33 AM

Try this, boot your mac, then turn on the Mbox then hold down the n key while launching pro tools, you should then be able to select the Mbox as your interface, pro tools may be defaulting to use your mac as the hardware instead of the Mbox. You can also look under hardware settings and make sure the Mbox is selected.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:40 PM

I have the new Mbox Pro hooked up with my Macbook Pro this way: MacBook Pro--MBox Pro--LaCie External Hd. I initially hooked it up like you are doing & got nowhere due to errors so I think you should try hooking your gear up like I do & see if that works better.

From the MBP into the MBoxPro & then out of the second fw slot on the mbox into the ext. hd

www.einarvilberg.com
www.hljodverk.com