Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2005, 07:44 PM

Default \"unable to locate M Audio hardware\" error message

I have an Audiophile 2496 sound card and I installed the newest drivers and everything, but for some reason when I try to launch the demo, ProTools gives me that error message and says to make sure that my hardware is turned on...anyone know how to fix this?
Plz Help!
Old 04-12-2005, 07:45 AM

Default Re: \"unable to locate M Audio hardware\" error mess

I had the same problem on my Mac. I had to install the included driver (one that came with the hardware), move the MIDI driver, install the new software, and replace the MIDI driver with the old one. It now works with the demo. Dont know if its the same on PC, but you can give it a try.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:41 PM

I agree that 001 is by far super stable compared to the rest of the lot. For that, I have not parted with it. But i did demo test w/ a firewire audiophile and xp...was unstable..on my dual 1 ghz mac it rocked. AND it showed my 001 in the hawdware , as well as the m-audio box...but I couldn't figure out how to make the 001 work w/ it...not sure that it can.,

Man..I'd give an ass cheek to have this work w/ oo1! DIGI: give us a pci or PCMICA option for laptops!!! Pleeeezeee......
Old 04-12-2005, 05:30 PM

Quote:
I have an Audiophile 2496 sound card and I installed the newest drivers and everything, but for some reason when I try to launch the demo, ProTools gives me that error message and says to make sure that my hardware is turned on...anyone know how to fix this?
Plz Help!
I had this problem when I set up M-Powered. At first I thought I really did have the newest driver installed but I really didn't. Make sure you do from the icon in the system tray. It should read

Driver version: 5.10.00.0050
Panel version: 1.03.26 - 2.6.00

I got this by using the one I downloaded from the Digi site. I made a mistake at first and downloaded one from the M-Audio site which M-Powered didn't recognize.

Once I got past this I *think* I didn't do anythign else to get M-Powered up and running.

I have not yet brought over any PTLE sessions to see if they actually play.

HTH,
Mark
Old 03-10-2007, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Plz Help!
I had this problem when I set up M-Powered. At first I thought I really did have the newest driver installed but I really didn't. Make sure you do from the icon in the system tray. It should read

Driver version: 5.10.00.0050
Panel version: 1.03.26 - 2.6.00

I got this by using the one I downloaded from the Digi site. I made a mistake at first and downloaded one from the M-Audio site which M-Powered didn't recognize.

Once I got past this I *think* I didn't do anythign else to get M-Powered up and running.

I have not yet brought over any PTLE sessions to see if they actually play.

HTH,
Mark
Hi Mark,

I have this problem too but I can't find the drivers you're suggesting?
Do you have a link for me?

Thnx,
Daniel
Old 03-10-2007, 11:20 AM

I was also getting the "check to see if your hardware is connected and turned on" and it ended up my computer for some reason wasn't recognizing the M-Audio drivers for my hardware (Project Mix I/O) Maybe this is the same issue for your situation. I finally got the drivers for the hardware on the 'My Comuter' spot and once I open the Drivers, everything falls into place.. Good luck
Old 03-11-2007, 09:35 AM

sorry... i got it... install the new driver(wich you can find on the m-audio website)...

my problem was that i UPDATED the driver... but you should uninstall it first then install the new driver...