Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2010, 03:24 PM

Default My 8.0.4 venture

I have been on 8.0cs3 now for over a year......with every update afterwards being a disaster.I was bored the other day and whipped out my cloned 8.0cs3 drive and updated it to 8.0.4 and it installed fine.

First boot I get an M1 rtas access violation and the bootup freezes.I then move that plug to the unused plugs folder.
Second boot I get a MDE-X rtas access violation........same exact deal as the M1 rtas violation.
Third boot I get a freakin WAVESTATION rtas access violation with freeze up.Wtf are these plugins and why were they installed with 8.0.4!!!

Forth and fifth boots PT freezes on "Initializing Databases".NOW I'M PISSED!

While the install was going on I got a message that the full version of Structure was found and Structure free would not be installed.As with every other 8 update Structure was gone.......not even in my plugin folder anymore so I had to reinstall it.Once this pile of crap software finally booted every other session I opened it said it could not find my ilok authorizations for my McDsp bundle,Softube plugs,Digi plugs,etc.Pace drivers were updated.To fix that issue I rolled back the pace driver to the previous version and that fixed that.Now all I get is tons and tons of 7054 and 9006 errors and can't even work on one single session!You gotta be kidding me!I rolled back to 8.0cs3 and the problems just vanished.Who the "F" tests this garbage before releasing it???

I track in 7.4 and mix in 8.0cs3 and do all of my midi and some tracking in Cubase 5.Cubase 5 is even more bulletproof then 7.4 and should be the standard that digi/avid set their goals for imho.I got $40k invested in my PTHD rig so leaving it for good is not an option.Avid you should be ashamed of yourselves!Don't give me that "My hardware/computer is at fault" bull[bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] either.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:37 PM

Default Re: My 8.0.4 venture

Hi Meat,

Check this out for those plugins causing errors - you must have installed them at some stage - they are not Digi plugins and not installed with 8.04: Korg Legacy Plugins

I still think you need to do a fresh, clean install of your os, not use an old version or image - it seems there is a lot of legacy issues going on in your system that may cause these compatibility issues.

The best way to clean all this up is to start fresh. I reckon a lot of your problems will go away then.

cya
Ghengis
Old 07-14-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Hi Meat,

Check this out for those plugins causing errors - you must have installed them at some stage - they are not Digi plugins and not installed with 8.04: Korg Legacy Plugins

cya
Ghengis
Yep........I deleted those on that drive last year and forgot but still don't know why the uninstall didn't clean them out of my plugin folder.

What about all of those "Eleven UI" plugs.........over 20 of them.Are they there for the Eleven rack? I own Eleven TDM and thats all that used to be in my plugin folder.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEAT View Post
Yep........I deleted those on that drive last year and forgot but still don't know why the uninstall didn't clean them out of my plugin folder.

What about all of those "Eleven UI" plugs.........over 20 of them.Are they there for the Eleven rack? I own Eleven TDM and thats all that used to be in my plugin folder.
Cool - The PT uninstaller and every uninstaller I know of won't actually do a complete delete all in a folder when un-installing in case there is something extra that has been deliberately put there. It will only clean up what was installed by referring to an installer log.

This is where there is a problem with the uninstallation of Structure/Structure Free is - because they are named the same in the plugin folder, they seem to cause problems. I'm sure if they all had structure_suffix where suffix is Free, LE or Full it wouldn't be a problem.

Yes, the Eleven UI plugins seem to be for the Eleven Rack. Dunno why they get installed, can safely move them to the unused folder for sure.

cya
Ghengis
HD2 PCI, 96 I/O, Command-8
Win7x64
Old 07-16-2010, 07:20 PM

OK........I did a clean install and 8.0.4 runs well except I still get the "7054 & 9006" errors when trying to load mostly VI's.........like Structure,Boom,Hybrid,etc.I'll reboot the session and they will then load fine.Quite annoying to say the least.My cpu could be @ 5% and I still get these errors.Why?
Old 07-17-2010, 02:36 PM

Forget it.I'm trying to track this song today in 8.0.4 and have 1 instance of Superior drummer,1 rythm gtr track,and trying to record a second rythm gtr track and all i'm getting is cpu 6031 errors.No other plugs and my cpu meter says 3%.8.0.4 is unusable!
Old 07-17-2010, 05:21 PM

Threw in my 8.0cs3 drive and finished with no problems. Reaper and Adobe Audition are more reliable then this crap software by far!
Old 07-17-2010, 08:21 PM

Also tracked bass,8 vox tracks and 3 more VI's with no problem in 8.0cs3!8.0.4 is f#cked and avid are either crooks imho or the lamest Daw programmers that ever existed!
Old 07-18-2010, 09:00 AM

Meat, My 8.04 is rock solid 14 hours a day. Maybe just a MB swap out would help you there.

I voted at www.deardigi.com
Old 07-18-2010, 02:07 PM

i think the problem here is superior drummer. im using it as well and it has mostly been a nightmare. other night i got an error using it, it really did damage to my windows installation as in windows would not boot, it was a severe computer breakdown. it seemed to have done something to my 192's where i had to finally wipe pt and fresh install. that got me up and running again, a whole day later

ive been saying it for years, rtas vi's are the downfall of protools