Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2010, 08:53 AM

Default Pro tools essential wont install

I have just bought a keystudio 49 with a USB micro interface and bundled pro tools essentials, I have an iMac 2.4GHz Intel dual core 3Gb RAM OSX10.6.5 running Snow Leopard. Now correct me if I am wrong but I thought Avid is at the cutting edge of audio technology. Can someone please explain why my 3-4 year old imac is too advanced to run pro tools software? The essentials doesnt even install. No error message, just gets near the end where it starts to install the package scripts, stalls for ever then my mac shuts down. I re-boot and no pro tools. Ihave the latest drivers, I have essentials 8.0.3, the micro works fine as does the keystudio. But all I see and hear now I have shelled out my money, is that snow leopard is too far in the future for pro tools to run on it. As for OSX 10.6.5 all the information on every page on Avid and Digidesign only goes up to 10.6.3 if your lucky 10.6.4. I cant even fill in support forms properly because my OS isnt even listed. CUTTING EDGE I would be laughing my arse off if I wasnt so pissed at shelling out money for a top brand that doesnt even begin to get there.
Check out the forums and knowledge base yourself and see if what I say isnt true. So I am left with a 4 year old iMac that is too advanced for a Avid Digidesign Pro tools piece of software. Lets all go back to running a Spectrum 128k maybe Avid can keep up then.
Yours So Pissed Audio Tech student
Old 12-09-2010, 12:19 PM

Default Re: Pro tools essential wont install

Your iMac may be four years old, but you operating system is not. Here is the compatibilty page: http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=354501