How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 01-20-2014, 03:27 AM

Default Does PT 11 do replace regions?

or is that still a HD thing?
or does even PT10 do replace regions?

also, any extra interesting instruments or plug-ins with PT 11?

i am just trying to decide whether to stick with PT - i have LE at the moment - or jump ship to cubase. can't afford both!

thanks.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:45 AM

Default Re: Does PT 11 do replace regions?

Replacing audio clips (as a feature) is PT HD only.

What VIs and plugins that are interesting is a personal thing, and depends on the kind of work you do.

Pro Tools 11, as presented by Avid, and you can also check out a plethora of videos on Youtube.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calon View Post
also, any extra interesting instruments or plug-ins with PT 11?
You mean ones that come bundled with PT11? A lot of the air stuff is great (Filter Gate, Lo-Fi, Vintage Filter, Phaser) and some of the instruments are good enough for me to come back to fairly often (Xpand2, Boom, Vacuum)

If you mean third-party instruments and stuff, well there are many. Particularly the Air Instrument Expansion Pack 2 is an awesome bundle, even at full-price.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT Lover View Post

What VIs and plugins that are interesting is a personal thing, and depends on the kind of work you do.

Pro Tools 11, as presented by Avid, and you can also check out a plethora of videos on Youtube.
What do you mean by this. What is this feature you are talking about.
I have been on HD for years it is possible I use it all the time without knowing.
You don't mean shift option3 do you. that just fills a blank spot with nothing, instead of consolidating. If you could explain this to me that would be awesome. I don't learn enough about my HD capabilities as
I used to like to, maybe this be useful to me.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilstudios View Post
What do you mean by this. What is this feature you are talking about.
I have been on HD for years it is possible I use it all the time without knowing.
You don't mean shift option3 do you. that just fills a blank spot with nothing, instead of consolidating. If you could explain this to me that would be awesome. I don't learn enough about my HD capabilities as
I used to like to, maybe this be useful to me.
You can replace a clip in a playlist with a clip in the clips list. Useful feature if you have, say, 100 clips of the same snare sample in a playlist, and later on decide to replace that with another sample from the clips list.

It's in the clips list drop-down menu.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT Lover View Post

i meant stuff that actually ships with pt11 - have the plug-ins been upgraded
or added to . i realise there's loads of 3rd party plug-ins u can buy.
i have PT le 8 btw .
Old 01-22-2014, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calon View Post
i meant stuff that actually ships with pt11 - have the plug-ins been upgraded
or added to . i realise there's loads of 3rd party plug-ins u can buy.
i have PT le 8 btw .
I believe the instruments are the same, with the addition of Structure Free. I skipped versions 8 and 9, so I don't really know.

I suggest that you look at PT 11's specifications and included content here, and then compare it to what you've already got.

Good luck.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:24 AM
Banned

i understand now.
I don't really use that much but the times i do it gives search criteria, So I think i am familiar with this i just didn't know the correct term. Thank you